Wednesday, July 2, 2008

7.02.08

i'm still on this money and material things kick. seriously. it's all i think about these days. God's been laying this on heavy in my life. it's just weird b/c I know that God does bless some people with lots of money, huge houses, and an endless supply of whatever they need. There are those people that don't have to check their bank account before they go shopping. There are those people that fall asleep in a 4 bedroom house at night..using only one room most of the year. There are those people that don't care that it costs 100 bones to fill up their gas tank. I don't know..it's just weird. I think that God can bless us in incredible ways--- ways that we could never imagine...but the only way we're going to get there is if we're completely and totally relying on him. And how are we relying on Him when the extra money we have, we go spend on new clothes.. instead of helping someone out. we're comfortable Christians. we totally are. I don't care if you say you aren't b/c i know I'm not..... i really am striving towards not being so comfortable. it's retarded. i think about our spare bedroom that we don't even use...that's just piled with boxes of stuff from when we moved... boxes that I haven't needed for the last 2 months. it's stupid.
anyways. just some thoughts. thanks to the blacks for the invite tonight. good people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you know anything about Francis Chan. he is amazing. read his book, check out his video blogs. Here's the newest one. I love what it has to say. It's a couple minutes long, and he has some great things to say about why God wants us to live paycheck to paycheck. He doesn't want us to be set for life. If you have that much money, you're supposed to be giving it away. I like that.