Sunday, May 18, 2008

two weeks later

sorry friends. it's been 2 weeks with no blogging. you know sometimes you just forget? Yea, we've been pretty busy lately... between moving, Jeremy getting in a car accident, school, and work... *bleh* I hate feeling like this. but our home is coming together quite nicely..still have quite a few boxes laying around..and we're getting our washer and dryer this week from Candace and bobby!! sweet! we need a truck though sometime this week to go get them, so if you know of anyone.. let us know. We'll feed you and pay for your gas, cool?
I went up to my parent's house this weekend up in Susanville... it was a good escape from the heat and just a good time with my parents. I love my parents..my mom and I get along so well-never a dull moment. We drove down to Chester and went into all the cute little mountain gift stores.. I got this book called "In Defense of Food".... looks like it might change my eating habits a bit, I want to anyway... start eating more veggies, less meat. My sister is growing a "lettuce bowl" for me right now for a housewarming present-I'm SUPER excited about that, fresh lettuce, so good.. well fresh anything is better than going to the store. Emily and I are going to be dreaming up a community garden which will be at their house... we'll start tending the garden this fall..... getting it ready for planting next year. you interested? talk to one of us... I'm sure we'll come up with some bad-ass club name.. you'll pretty much want to be in it. . if you know what's good for you.
Jeremy and I went to the Door this morning. It was strange but very refreshing to go to another church. It's great to hear the passions on their hearts. Steve has such a great heart for the church community/family and it is so evident in his preaching...and just in their community.. we had SO many people come up to us and just talking about life... I like that. Went to Chipotle for lunch with the crew.. good times. I miss going to lunch after church...there's something about it, good bonding time.
I killed a black widow the other day. pretty much emptied a whole can of Raid on that sucka. Good thing b/c I don't think Jeremy would have gone outside until the spider was gone. We washed our cars together last night for the first time ever. Isn't that weird? I thought so...anyway, Jacob is a happy little Honda now, all nice and shiny. I'm sure though some bird will be delighted to leave me a nice little present any day now.
So I got a mtn. bike from my mom... I am pretty sure I'm going to start biking to work. it's pretty close...just a few hills in between me and Sunset...and meaning I'd have to leave for work even earlier...which when you work at 5:30 or 6 in the a.m. can be pretty early. BUT, I'm trying to live so greenly... why not? And to save on gas money would be very nice.. I'm sure Jeremy wouldn't mind driving Jacob to work, with the air on full blast :)
So the Coverdale family dinner will probably start up in a couple of weeks..... I'm thinking it'll probably be a BBQ for the next 3 months :) . . . so, keep your eyes and ears open for more info on that... I'm excited to have people into our home, feed them, get to know them, meet some needs. it's what we're here for. Steve from the Door spoke on Acts today..he touched on Acts 2:42 (remember that old Celebration crew?)..... and how they sold everything they owned, so they could give to everyone that had a need..... . . . go read it tonight. read it every day.
anyway... just a few things I've been thinking about lately. . . time to shower and put some laundry away....... hope my bloggin family is doing well...

3 comments:

pedronegro said...

feel free to use my truck anytime you need it and if I am available I would be more than willing to help.

amy coverdale said...

thanks mr. black. I'll be calling you. it'd be nice to see you!

Emily Faulknor said...

Amy! Welcome back. I missed you!!! :)