Friday, May 23, 2008

friday a.m. may 23

there's a mockingbird outside my window...singing like crazy. I love listening to them sing and imitate different noises in our every day life. Except when the night mockingbird decides to sing before the sun is up. then I'm looking for a bb gun or a small rock. (just kidding)..... I don't think I could ever do that-I'm the person that slams on their brakes to avoid hitting a chipmunk......
what a week. crazy drama at work. tension so thick. *bleh* school is good though. nice teach for this psych class.... will be nice to take a week off though when we're up in Portland and Seattle. oh vacation..... will be SO nice. we're priceline'n our hotel in Portland.. it's kind of exciting, not knowing where you'll be staying; but knowing it'll be a 4 star hotel. So far our bid hasn't been accepted; but it's still a little early on in the game... Portland is going to be so much fun... we love it up there (as does everyone else it seems:)... and Seattle will be so nice, I think we've never been able to spend almost a whole week up there before..hopefully the weather will be nice so we can explore like crazy. We're stopping by my hometown of Coos Bay, Or on the way up to see my grandparents... i love them to death!! they're living in the apartment above a coffee shop in downtown Coos Bay now... which is kind of weird to me because they've always lived out in the country side and had a garden, animals, lots of flowers, and so on...but they're getting old and can't take care of all that work now... I guess it's pretty cute-my mom said she could actually picture Jeremy and I living somewhere like that:)
so I guess Coverdale family dinner has unofficially started...we had friends over 2 nights this week, good times, great friends. but be warned, if you're invited over, prepare to do your best shakeface or else you'll have to sit outside. unless it's a nice summer evening and we're all sitting outside, then you'll have to sit inside. (good thing I don't have to shake face...because I'm terrible at it..guess my face isn't fat enough. .. :) but seriously...i love cooking for people...it's a great way to get to know friends and strangers better.... my only disappointment is our table situation.. our new place doesn't really have a good spot for a big table (or our small table for that matter)...but our guests didn't seem to mind sitting on the floor around the coffee table...especially peter and lauren...but maybe that was because we got to witness Jeremy dumping a half full plate of food on his crotch... it was pretty stinking funny.....
it looks like rain outside. . i'm sitting on my couch with the door open (I LOVE screen doors) with a hoodie on and wrapped up in a blanket..this is definitely more of my weather style. drinking coffee makes so much more sense in cold weather.....
speaking of drinking, i must confess to you my blogging family.. my no drinking month has only been part success..in the past 23 days i have had... 4 beers. not bad though right? I've been drinking 1/2 caff coffee to if not none at all. time to start being healthy again. maybe i'll actually start using my gym membership again.. ha. as soon as my bike is all fixed up too you'll see my riding all over downtown redding.... not the eastside though... who goes there anymore? :) i've turned into a westside snob..... :)
well friends, I have a picture of Wednesday nights dinner (Chicken Fajita Tostadas and Cilantro Lime Rice) but Jeremy hasn't uploaded it yet (apparently shake face pictures are more important) :) .... but i'll start cooking blogs again, now that I'm cooking again.... i've been sitting around for the last 2 hours just bummin.. So I guess I should get going on my day.. schoolwork, housework.. you know, all the stuff you do on your day off. if you're bored today-come by and see me.. I let jeremy take the car to work today.... forcing me to stay home and get things done:)
shout out to the Blacks for helping us get our new washer and dryer!! even bigger shout out to the Peacauts for giving us a washer and dryer!!! Jeremy and I are SO freakin blessed..... God is good my friends... did you ever read Acts 2:42.. go do it.
-amy

No comments: