Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1st. 2008.

what in the world have i been doing? seriously. sorry blog friends. I've been busy I guess. Jeremy went with the band down to LA this weekend so I was left to myself.. wondering what to do with the weekend.... a few pictures of what I was up to...



my parents came down on Saturday.. My mom got a 2009 Toyota Matrix... I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous-it is a freaking sweet car. This picture doesn't really do it justice.... but wow... it's nice. I'm already looking forward to going on our annual trip to Ashland this October so i can drive:) but maybe by then Team Coverdale will have a new ride... we've kind of been looking. its such a commitment though... did you know you can buy cars through Costco? that's how my parent's got the Matrix...for only 400 bones above Lithia's price on the ride! Craziness! Costco is amazing. We're kind of looking at the Toyota Yaris (the 4 door)..pretty cute little car... As much I like to think of myself as an outdoorsy girl that really needs a truck or at least a 4WD to cruise around town and up in the mtns....the whole gas thing kind of sucks..And if I'm trying to be all earth friendly, I guess it would be better to opt for the ride that will do the environment less harm... If we could afford a hybrid, I'd be all over it.. maybe we should go hippy and go bio diesel..hhmm..
so my amazing sister and I always hang out Saturdays.. It's our sister time. She's crazy. I love every bit of her. So she was taking the boys (Erich-her man, LG, Jamen, and Keith) up Southfork Mtn so they could bomb the hill so to speak... those boys are crazy-good at downhill. Jamen's crazy-he did it with NO downhill gear... no pads or nothing.. just a bmx helmet (not the full face one either!) Anyway, they invited me to go with...and then bbq after. So I find out we're taking LG's 1967 Ford beast of a truck up the mtn. crazy. this truck ...man, it's the red one in the photo above. the gasoline fumes had us all high pretty much by the time we got to the top...Keith and Jamen were troopers and rode in the back with all 4 bikes... I probably would've been puking out the camper shell window (that was actually missing the glass....) So amazingly, we made it up the top. LG tells us as Jill and I are about to drive the beast back down the hill to not ride the brakes b/c he's not sure how good they are. this is when I look at Jill and say What the HELL did we get ourselves into?!?! We laughed as we took off, bumping and squeaking the whole way..there were plenty of times we reached for the oh sh*t handles that weren't there....the lack of power steering made going around those 2 gnarly switchbacks super gnar-gnar. we made it. I'm not sure how..but we made it. We bbq'd burgers and sat around chit-chatting. nice people. good evening.
Friday night I was supposed to meet up with my boss Rose for margaritas at Chevy's..but she canceled..I really wanted a margarita though b/c they have killer fresh fruit ones right now... anyway, I called Jill like a million times to see if she wanted to meet up..but in the mean time I decided I'd check out TJ Maxx and Ross. success. 2 shirts. 1 sweater vest. 1 dress. I never do that good. . . .
so Jeremy and I have been married one year tomorrow...crazy. crazy. it's been an amazing year... I got this for Jeremy as part of his anniversary present, go buy it. it is an amazing album. of course it is though- it's freaking Death Cab!


If there are any Portishead fans out there.. not sure if anyone out there is as bad ass as me in music... they've just released a new album! Crazy! i think it's been 8 years since their last album!
whew.. I've gotta get ready for the Stirring. The Bachelor is on VH1 right now and totally sucking me in. GROSS. someone come save me!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! I can't believe it's been a year. How amazing! We love you guys.

Candace said...

I sooo would love to get a Matrix. I am also jealous.

Keith said...

I congratulate you on the anniversary. I found your blog through Kyoodle blogroll.... I just listened to Portishead for the first time.... Maybe I can listen to new music. Sigh. I think this clip I found on Youtube, the song "Roads" was excellent.

I enjoyed your blog. Thank you.