Monday, June 16, 2008

the start

*whew* hello friends. back from vacation. team coverdale wishes they were still gone....:) we had a great time though. 10 days away from life really did us some good. i have a lot to blog about...but to the suggestion of my husband, i'll break it up. apparently i've been known for having some way-too-long-blogs-that-no-one-really-wants-to-read-all-at-once...so i'll do you a favor..split up the stories :)
we spent our first night in my hometown of Coos bay, Oregon with my grandparents. they are seriously so cute. they live in this new "apartment" that's above my uncle's coffee shop. pretty sweet little place. i'd totally live there...except it's in coos bay. great town...just maybe a little too small for team coverdale. jeremy got some sweet pictures..from our whole trip... but even of coos bay..we walked up to this park called Mingus Park that I used to play in and feed the ducks :) looked a lot smaller than it used to be....weird how that happens...anyway-go look at Jeremy's page..i'm sure he'll be posting pictures as the week goes by. they have this community garden about 4 blocks from my grandparents new place that is INcredible. really inspired me. seriously community-there's no reason that we couldn't do one!! walking through gardens is so therapeutic for me..i can't wait to someday have a nice to one :) but for now, i'll stick to having all my veggies in pots randomly positioned outside:) anyway, Coos bay treated us nicely.. had some great coffee, good food, and wonderful family time. got to see my little cousins too that aren't so little anymore. Seriously, why is everyone getting older but I still feel the same? if you ever want to buy some delish coffee..check out my uncle's roasting company, my grandparents have been doing the roasting ever since it's been around.. I may be a little partial but I pretty much think it's some of the best coffee I've tasted...chances are if you ever are over at our house and we make you a coffee, it's the whiskey run espresso..occasionally I give in to the man and buy Starbucks b/c it's convenient.. and now that some of my friends work there, I guess it's another reason to support the man. whatever..
anyway.. that was just part one. i'm tired. need to take a nap. we ended up getting home around 8 last night from vacation... then my alarm went off at 4:30 this a.m. *bleh* oh well, that extra night in portland was totally worth it.... loves you all. come visit team coverdale...we missed you.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hey! Sounds like a fantastic time! I'm glad you guys were able to get away. We want to have team Coverdale over for dinner soon. It will have to be in July though as we committed to each other to not plan anything new for the month of June. But let's do dinner in July!

Erica said...

I am so glad you guys got to relax and recuperate from life. I can't wait to find out what else you did. I would love to do a community garden. I want to have my own garden in my back yard but I don't know where to start. I have red clay and so would have to bring in some dirt. I would love some suggestions. Maybe you could come over some day and check it out. It may just be a work in progress.