Wednesday, June 25, 2008

amazing


sigur ros. simply amazing. this is blog #2 in a row about them. Yes. go buy their new album- it is simply amazing. they blow me away. Go buy it. I can't spell it...and tried to figure out how to say it...but I don't speak Icelandic. sheesh. I should learn. . .

watching the news right now... seriously. all of FarNorCal is going up in flames. 157 burning just in Shasta Co. alone. crazy. I look like a stoner..my eyes are so red from the smoke. . . can't sleep at night.... gross. i can't turn on the swamp cooler b/c then my entire place smells like smoke. gross. God bless Redding.

heading over to Tahoe tomorrow with Meg & Kristena. Should be a fun little road trip... we're going over for Pete Metz and Jamie White's wedding. it's about damn time those two got married! Hopefully it'll be nice over there.. Jeremy said it was a little smoky over there..but not bad. either way, it'll be nice to get away.

it's crazy that the 4th of July is next weekend. i'm beginning to wonder if they're going to still have the fireworks... probably not the best idea to shoot off FIREworks when there's hundreds of fires burning all around us. . bummer. I love fireworks. maybe we'll go up to Mt. Shasta and watch theirs..of course I'm sure it's pretty smoky up there too. Maybe we'll drive over to the ocean. *ah* I miss the ocean. I was actually just thinking about it the other day b/c some of our friends are heading over camping at Gold Bluffs this weekend. something about the ocean, i feel relaxed just thinking about it... the sand...the waves...the quiet.... the fog....the smell... dang.. i need to go over there. it's good for my soul. God speaks to me so much in the outdoors...well, I should rephrase that-I hear Him so much more in the outdoors.... that's a good reason I want to live a simpler life...get rid of all the noise. all the crap that we fill our days with.... ya know?

anyway...... keep it real friends. i'm going to go buy a baby panther I think... or maybe i'll just start feeding the neighborhood cat.... loves you all.

No comments: