Sunday, June 22, 2008

is it october yet?


sweet. sigur ros. berkely. greek theater. october 3rd. ooooohhhhh snap, i'm excited. it's on a friday.. So i'm thinking that it's going to be a great chance to make a memorable weekend in the city. their new album comes out tuesday. go buy it. believe it or not Target has it for 7.98. Go Target-beat out Best Buy...but don't buy all of them-I need to get a copy too!! :)
went to church tonight. I feel weird about church sometimes. sometimes I just get sick of how nice our church is. I'm lounging back on a comfy, overstuffed couch listening to Nathan talk about how crappy the Stirring finances are....and all I'm thinking is.... well why do we have such a nice place then.. If our rent is too much....then lets just meet outside. we can sit on the ground if we have to. . . not run the a/c if we have to... you know what I mean? it just kills me how much we are comfortable Christians. it's stupid. I think the inner-hippy in me comes out sometimes (did i really just say inner-hippy? yes. i did.) and wants to rid myself of all of our modern comforts and live life the simple way. . . I want to live in a community that is like what Shane Clairborne talks about in Irresistible Revolution. I want my house to be where anyone can come over and eat...but I want other people to want that to-and be able to sacrifice enough to accommodate that. it's not easy...but if its something that you feel God has called you to do-why the hell aren't you doing it!?!?!? (i'm talking mainly to myself here....but maybe some of you feel me on this...) We read these amazing books on what the Christian community should like and books that bash on the Church...and we get all pumped up reading them..but as soon as we close the book...it's back to our normal day-to-day life... why do we forget all the stuff that pumped us up? sheesh...
.....went to WinCo tonight. just walked in and was squeezing the peaches. yes. i squeeze the peaches before i buy them. they were hard. i didn't buy them. I turn around and in walks Chad and Jordan. 2 of my old friends from back in the day. it blew me away that I saw them. we talked for a little while but it kept getting silent and we just looked at each other-tripping out. I haven't seen Jordan (who lives in Eugene, OR now) for.... shoot 4 years or so?....and Chad (who lives in North Carolina now) for atleast 4. It was really good to see them. Old friends that just make you smile.
Dinner tomorrow night should be fun...Peter and Christian are coming over..I invited Jordan and his family to come over too-but he wasn't sure if they were heading back to Oregon tomorrow or Tuesday...and of course we'll be bbq'n :) That's how we roll. and it's so smoky outside..we might as well add some more :)
. . . ok kids. I need to do some homework.... love you all.

2 comments:

Christian said...

love it... good word.

cant wait for the Show and the CD!

See ya'll tonight

Anna said...

Amy I just have to say one thing (and I hope it doesn't offend you). The rent for our church is actually very litte, less than we were paying at Risen King, but that's not the point. It's not about having enough money to pay rent, it's about where people's hearts are at. If we hold on to all of "our money", which isn't even ours, then it shows that our hearts are not in the right place. It's not about how much you (not you specifically, but everyone in general) gives it's about the sacrafice that you are willing to make to be a part of what God's doing. That's it, you've inspired me to write a blog...

But before I go I just want you to know where the leadership's heart is at, we don't want nice stuff, building, etc, we just want to call people into a deeper relationship with God and part of that is learning how to sacrafice.