Sunday, May 4, 2008

the end. chapter 1.


goodbye #24. goodbye manor. goodbye Joann. goodbye Walter the skunk. goodbye little tiger striped kitty. goodbye palm tree. goodbye amazing sunsets. goodbye smoking neighbors. goodbye screaming children. goodbye coin-op laundry. goodbye stairs. goodbye tiny oven. goodbye. goodbye. goodbye.
crazy. I've spent the last 5ish years of my life at the manor. it's strange to think that's not home anymore. I'll miss that place. it's pretty much been good to me my time there. Jeremy and i went over and cleaned up today. man. after seeing all the dust that accumulates behind your dresser, bed, and refrigerator... i want to start cleaning mine like every 3 months. the same with all that deep cleaning. i consider myself to be a pretty neat and clean housewife-but doing the deep clean always sucks. but that's when you need some good music, a good breeze blowing through the house, and some yummy essential oils wafting through the air. yep. i was cleaning out the dishwasher and i said to Jeremy, "I wonder if anyone actually cleans the inside of their dishwasher?"...he says, "Anna probably does." :) So Anna, do you? I read in.... real simple I believe that if you put a packet of lemon-lime koolaid in the soap dispenser and run it through an entire cycle it'll totally get rid of the yellowish-lime buildup...never tried it though. i don't think I've ever actually bought koolaid before...too much sugar. and now my dishwasher's name is Jeremy, and I don't think he'd really appreciate it if i poured a packet of koolaid in his soap dispenser... hhmm, his soap dispenser?.... anyway...
we absolutely love our new place.. except the fact that it is a COMPLETE disaster right now. I'm actually amazed that I'm sitting here so calmly not stressing out about all the boxes everywhere..or maybe i am.........
totally posed. I'm not stressing out about un-packing. I'm stressed about my 6 page paper that's due tomorrow in my psych. class that I haven't even starter. sheesh.
can I just say THANK YOU so much to our wonderful, incredible, strong, burly, handsome moving crew that helped us out yesterday. seriously. to be loaded, unloaded, with the bed set up in under 2 hours? incredible. we could not have done it without you. we owe you BIG time. as soon as my kitchens unpacked..we'll have a BBQ and you're coming over. you know who you are..but in case you don't:)-Chris Cable, Andrew Borgic (Rosetta you and Myra can come too, for moral support:), Jason Jones, Tyler Faires, Jesse&Lyn Rosten.... amazing to have friends like you. Jeremy and I are so thankful to be part of such an incredible community.
speaking of community, I'm missing the stirring tonight. kind of a bummer...but I just couldn't do it, gotta get that paper done...and get some sleep...and get some food in the fridge. speaking of the fridge...our isn't doing so hot right now:( bummer. my mocha almond fudge ice cream is now mocha almond fudge milk. hopefully the freezer does better and the fridge part too... would hate to be that tenant that moves in and wants a new appliance! :) oh well...
I'm making this month my vox dei of early2008. I'm giving up drinking. no not drinking all together-that would be crazy! I wouldn't survive without my water! I'm not going to drink beer, wine, liquor, or anything like that for a whole month. I know I don't drink alot, only every so often do I indulge in a tasty beverage...but it's always good for the body and the soul to give up something every once in a while... I'm contemplating giving up caffeine again for a while... i know, I'm crazy. what can I say? but seriously-hold me to it.
well I'm going to go browse through craigslist for a while...then time to get working on my paper. but first... i need to water my petunias....

7 comments:

Tyler Faires said...

So i heard about the new BBQ coming!!!!! AWESOME. Also i am a little bummed out that you picked this month to stop drinking. But its good. Anyways i missed you tonight and hopefully ill see you this week.

Bethany Joy Hardy said...

I can't believe you moved in a few hours! you guys are pros!
Happy new apartment!

Anna said...

Congrats on your new place! I remember when Matt and I moved out of our appartment and I actually cried. It's hard leaving someplace where you've made so many memories. I'm excited for you though and this new place is going to be awesome for you two.

Oh and I have cleaned the inside of my dishwasher before. I never thought I'd get called out on it though:)! I've never heard of the Koolaid thing but I would think that much sugar in the dishwasher couldn't be good for it! I would stick to white vineagar. :)

Rosetta Borgic said...

You know you can count on Myra and I. We are always available to lend a hand for moral support :)
It can be tough to BBQ.
I have cleaned the inside door of the dishwasher. Ours is old and nasty. I used some cleaner with rosemary and peppermint. yummmmmm.

Keith said...

Thank you for such a wonderful blog post. I wish you mujch blessings in your new home

Mike Cunningham said...

Hope you guys enjoy you new home..place...dwelling....domicile. Hopefully Mikaela and I can come check it out before things get too nutty for us.

Rosetta Borgic said...

What the heck?! It has been awhile since your last post...
Are you alive?
I miss you.