Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6.3.09

So sorry for the silence. Facebook has sucked me in, but apparently writing "notes" is not the same as writing "blogs"... so here I am.

Yesterday, Jeremy and I celebrated 2 years of marriage! Crazy how fast the time goes, I know everyone says that, but really, it's amazing.

Here are my thoughts on marriage.... after 2 years:

1) It's so important that you marry your best friend, because the romantic feelings aren't enough sometimes.

2) You must support each other in every way----spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically.... it's all necessary.

3) Empower each other, daily, through words of encouragement, inspiring smiles, knowing glances....

4) It is important to keep selfishness out of your marriage, BUT each person must make time for themselves, and not feel bad for it (something I continually am working on...)

5) The small things you fight over are just that, small things, and really aren't worth the fight.

6) Have sex as much as possible.... sex really brings an intimate level that nothing else can... which is why God created sex, for marriage, to bring 2 humans to a whole different level of intimacy.

7) As a married couple, give as much as possible, to your friends and family, because living in God's will as a married couple---there is nothing like it.

8) Tell each other how much you love them-always, and why, and don't use the same reason every time.

9) Give each other passionate kisses often, just to let each other know the flame is still burning.

10) Don't try to change the other person, they are who they are, and you married them for that, so why would you want them to be any different?

ok, that's it for now... I need to get ready for work... was hard getting out of bed this morning, Jeremy got me one of those memory foam thingys to put on our bed-SOOO comfortable. and for him, I am getting Wilco tickets this Friday!! Can't wait!. Jeremy is amazing, my best friend, the love of my life, I feel SO blessed to have such an incredible person to share this life with. I love you babe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I hope one day to have that same connection forever. Thanks for sharing your views and your faith, you really lit a path of hope for me. :)

CoileRose said...

This is beautiful. I hope one day to have that same connection forever. Thanks for sharing your views and your faith, you really lit a path of hope for me. :)