Friday, October 31, 2008

10.31.08

it's been 2 weeks and 5 days since I blogged last.
weird.
i was on a roll there for a while...
blogging every day.
where did i leave off?

.......

well my older and only sister, Jill got married to her darling man Erich.
over at Houda Point in Trinidad.
beautiful beach, despite the fogginess.
got to see a good old friend, Jordan Coghill.
I wish we lived closer-I know Jeremy and him would be come the best of friends.
out surfing and playing the guitar.

anyway.
the wedding was beautiful and small.
short but sweet.
erich's family is full of great people
and so is mine...
so it was a good weekend.
I love Arcata.
the co-op.
the plaza.
the hippies.
the cool, coastal air.
the pot.
j/k...but seriously-we'd been there no more than 30 seconds and we're just beginning to unload our stuff when some guy came up and asked if we wanted to buy some pot. I didn't know what to say..after all we haven't talked about the Stoned Elephant at church yet.... maybe next week..:) just kidding... amazingly enough, i'm proud to say I never touched the stuff-even living in Chico for 2 years and then moving back to Redding to become good friends with drug dealers. God was totally protecting me on that one I think..
jill and erich's reception was last weekend.
out at Whiskeytown-Dry Creek group camp to be exact.
it was fun-lots of work and hecticness..but fun.
lots of cupcakes, tri-tip, and salads.
plenty of beer and wine left over-which was weird.
wasn't expecting that.
got to hang out with some of my great friends I never see anymore...
Leah and Mike...Matt and Andrea
i hate growing up because you don't get to see the people you love as much as you did when you were young...
saw my Aunt Karry (my mom's twin) and Uncle Ed ..pretty sure they're my favorite Aunt&Uncle.
got to see my.... second cousins? i'm not sure-they're my cousins kids.
Aiden and Arianna.
cutest kids ever.
i've only seen them maybe all of 4 times in their lives-but they clinged to me like we were BFF's.
i love kids.
excited to have some of our own someday.

our life group is incredible.
one of these days, we'll take a family photo so you can see all of our friends.
thursday nights have now become my favorite night of the week (bonus that the Office is on thursdays too!)
but seriously-in all of these awkward elephant topics we've talked about..there has been no awkwardness, just comfortable conversation with plenty of laughter.

things i'm looking forward to..in the near--distant future:

1) tuesday. ....... ohana means family...you know what rhymes with ohana?
2) going to Ashland next weekend with my mom.
3) a week vacation after thanksgiving...ahhh.
4) my birthday:)
5) holiday parties.
6) finishing year 1 of 2 in pursuit of my degree!
7) everything involving the holidays....
-second Thanksgiving (and the first one too!)
-Christmas parade & tree lighting
-decorating our Christmas tree---hopefully we can afford a living one this year, if not, there's always our manzanita Christmas tree like last year...
8) thinking more seriously about buying a house, here in Redding (weird, I know).
9) making goodies like pumpkin port butter and cookies for friends.
10) maybe getting a kitty???

just got the new Snow Patrol----A Hundred Million Songs. i love this band. they're one of those I forget about and then when I hear them..... ah, it's falling in love all over again. Snow Patrol was the band playing on my little stereo back in the day..the very first night jeremy and I hung out... stayed up talking till 5 a.m. *what a great way to start our relationship*

anyway..
that was alot of stuff. sorry. it's been a while.
i'll try to blog again soon.
loves you all.-a.

3 comments:

Emily Branca said...

LOL- so I don't know if you know this or not, but I grew up in Arcata. Born and raised. That picture of the CO-OP makes me miss it so so much. That and Wildberries are my two favorite places ever. Aaahh, and the hippies (with their pot) some things never change. That town is such a blast... I'll never move back, but I do love it.

JUAN said...

NOBAMA?

lol :)

Lauren said...

love to hear from you. and i understand if you have to buy a house in redding. we will come and visit ya. as long as you visit our commune that we open outside of portland?