Saturday, November 8, 2008

11.8.08

seriously. every time I go to Ashland... I wonder, why don't we live here.
Such a great town.
great people.
great food.
great coffee.
great beer.
great weather...
sheesh.
my mom and I had a beer at the black sheep last night, her first time sitting at a bar. *so great*
drank an incredible 8 oz. triple latte this morning at Mix, which proudly serves Stumptown coffee...yum. it was probably the best latte i've had in forever..although lately i've been rockin' a plain double shot of espresso. no cream. no sugar. Yes, I know what you're thinking...I am a bad ass.we stayed at the Columbia Hotel. First time staying there-and won't be the last..i seriously felt like I was staying at my Grandma's house or something..and our room looked right down on Main street-it was fun to watch all the people walking around. cheapest hotel right in Ashland too. so if you don't mind staying in an old historical hotel, that's not all fancy shmancy-stay there. you'll love it. the guy at the front desk has an incredible accent that makes you think you're not staying in America.
i feel like blogging more..but it's 9:15 and I'm tired..have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning for work. *sigh* I can't wait for the day when I have Sundays off .... someday...
so I made some cookies for the Obama party we went to on Tuesday....
I dubbed them Oat-bama Chocolate chip cookies..they were delish. and no eggs involved.. quite simple..and quite delish.
anyway friends. loves you.-a.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im happy you had a good time.. i love your new scarf. And... despite having oat, your cookies were pretty amazing! ... I love you babe.
p.s. someday you wont have to work at all... just stay at home and hang out with our babies! ... someday.

Emily Branca said...

I just love reading your blogs amy... they are just lovely...