Sunday, November 9, 2008

11.9.08 a.m.


finally got Jeremy and I are own Klean Kanteen, at the co-op in Ashland yesterday. Goodbye buying stupid bottles of water. Hello the green way to drink water. plus with all the crap in our water here in Redding... I don't even trust the bottled stuff anymore. and thinking about how much money we'll save... awesome.
i love shopping at co-ops. i really do. someday...maybe Redding will have their own. I really don't get why we don't.
i was excited to find some unbleached wax-paper baggies for packing lunch stuff. these have been around forever-my mom couldn't believe I found them b/c her mom used to use them back in the day when she was a kid. they're really great-say no to plastic! and they're safe to use in the microwave (even though I hate using the microwave).. and they won't contaminate ground water and are non-toxic if you burn them..unlike our plastic baggies. I'm pretty sure you can buy them on Amazon but know for sure you can find them on GreenFeet.
ok enough of my greeness for today..but seriously-it's so easy to do your part.

here's the main reason for this blog. God is moving like crazy in Redding..and in the hearts of those in our community. One family that is really living out our dream for loving on the least here in Redding is The Cables. Last month they threw the people that live at Market Street Manor Hotel in downtown Redding a bbq..and it was a HUGE success...so God gave Chris this passion and He has really given Chris the ideas now...so next weekend..November 22nd, don't make plans. we need your help with a soup feed for these people...check out Chris's blog for more info. I'm SO excited about this. God has totally been putting a chili feed of some sort on my heart for the people in downtown Redding-so a soup feed sounds just as good. There is NO reason that we can't meet all the needs and then some for these people. So talk to Chris, donate some food, plan on helping out Saturday, do it. Remember.... we love.
all this thought of soup..I think I'll go make some Broccoli-Cheddar soup.... mmmm....will be delicious with the fresh sourdough I got up in Ashland....

so keep J and I in your prayers if you think about it. Pray that He'll provide a job for Jeremy and for patience for me. I'm not too worried because I know that God always provides for us-He always has. He always will.
loves you all.-a.

2 comments:

idiot said...

Awesome Amy! Thank you. Also, Cassie and I were wondering if 4:30 works for you guys instead of 6:00. She wants to show you our gardens and orchards and everything in the backyard and it's too dark at 6:00. So 4:30 work for you? Jeremy and I will hammer the chips and salsa and beers.

amy coverdale said...

*yea* sounds great!! I'm SO EXCITED to see the gardens and orchards!! and jeremy is excited to drink beer with you :) we'll call you later this week for directions