Thursday, February 21, 2008

dreams. its what we're made of.

i have an incredible life group. seriously. last night, SO inspiring. First of all, love and respect has completely changed my way of dealing with relationships, not just with my husband. (although I really do see Jeremy in a whole new light and love him even more. The Borgic's are some of the best hosts I know. They are such a kind family, there house is always comfortable, and you can always rely on the two of them for good laugh. anyway... towards the end of group, andrew brought up some questions about dreams... and how from the stirring how we are going to bring Heaven on Earth...in tangible ways. I'm such a dreamer, I had a hard time not "spiderwebbing" to all my different dreams:) But just listening to Aaron talk about the school he teaches at and the students he has was all very inspiring. Our group got pretty pumped about helping out Cypress Elementary..and I can't wait for our first annual June-bug's Cypress Sand-down :) love it! It is just completely such an incredible feeling when you can grasp on to the dream that God has for you, such power. I really felt insprired though, since i'm pursuing my teaching degree. I cannot wait till I can impact these children in a positive way... I can't wait to love on them... it will be amazing.
today is my friday. just got home from work an hour ago. its pouring outside and I love it! Got home and threw some Lentils and Turkey Sausage in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I'm super excited about this meal because I love lentils....but I've never cooked the b/c I figured Jeremy wouldn't like them at all... he's always surprising me! Anyway, we were over at our good friends, The Harrison's, a few weeks ago and Kelly made this really yummy Morrocan dish with lentils and Jeremy LOVED it! Crazy! So anyway..... I'll keep you posted on how many stars I get:)
Last night I ended up making Pasta with a Chickpea Garlic Sauce. Super yummy. Another 5 star:) It was good, very garlicky..but nice b/c there was no meat involved...I try to cook vegetarian one night a week... Just to keep it healthy:) I've really been feeling the baking too. Tuesday I made Hot Buttered Rum Quick Bread (delicious..and a good excuse to buy yourself some rum:).... I swear, I only use it for baking. . . . Last night i made some Banana Crumb Muffins to take to life group. They were Ok.. not my best..but I think that's b/c i opted for no nuts, not being sure of our friends preferences..... Tomorrow till be Shredded Beef Sandwiches.. I kinda forgot to put the roast in the crockpot yesterday morning..but that's what happens when you work at 5 in the am! I think I'll try making some more sourdough this weekend..hopefully my starter is getting nice and sour. The bread last week was really good..just not as sour as jeremy and I like it.
Tonight will be menu planning night.... Jeremy has band practice tonight... so I won't feel bad burying my nose in cookbooks for a couple hours:) .... I should probably go shower. Lately I've been feeling quite hippy..only showering every 3 days. gross. but hey, I'm conserving water, which is a good thing.

3 comments:

Candace said...

What I want to know is if you are taking these pictures of the dishes as well. Because if you are, you are seriously multi-talented!

Rosetta Borgic said...

Yay for dreaming big (and small!)! I too got so pumped up about LG. I am so excited for the June-Bug Cypress Sand Down. Love the name, btw. We crack me up!
And for the record, Andrew and I could not feel more blessed to have such an awesome group coming into our home. We feel such good at the end of the night. We are grateful to have you two there, for sure!
Love you!

Rosetta Borgic said...

"such good" doesn't make any sense. "So good" is better. Please forgive my grammar, teacher.
By the way, you are going to be an awesome teacher.