Sunday, February 24, 2008

stormy sunday............siesta.

just got home from work.. its CRAZY windy outside. plus the stupid, giant, palm tree outside our apartment makes it sound really windy. nice to be home.. its so hard to work when its all rainy and what not..but then again its hard to work when its sunny. hhmm. work was fine today, went by fast and i got tons accomplished. i like those days.
so i start school tomorrow. craziness. I'm excited though...it's about damn time i got my butt in gear.. my mom, so cute, called me and asked what she could get me as far as school supplies go:) she didn't really understand that it truly was all online:) I'm sure she'll still send me something, my mom is cute like that.
OK..so those shredded beef sandwiches were amazing!! and oh-so-crock-pot-easy. seriously..check this out.. get a 2lb chuck roast, 2 onions, regular cola, wortchestire sauce, garlic, red pepper, chili powder, beef bouillon granules and ground mustard.oh, and some ketchup. okay.. chop up your onions (or slice...its all in how you dice it! ) :) ...and put 'em in the bottom of your crock pot.. cut your roast in 1/2 and brown in a couple turns of the pan of EVOO on all sides... don't cook it-just brown it. this locks in the flavor when you're crock-potting. okay..so then you put your roast in atop the onions..next, in a bowl mix together, 3/4 cup cola, 1/4 cup wort. sauce, 2 cloves minced garlic (once again, fresh is always best!), 1 tsp beef bouillon, 1/2 tsp red pepper and chili powder, 1 tsp ground mustard..once again-just eyeball your seasonings.. so much easier than getting all your little measuring spoons out..i save that for when i bake! anyway, so then you pour 1/2 of the "sauce" over the roast.. works out to be like 1/2 a cup i think.. put yer lid on and cook for approx 8-10 hours on low. mine was done in 7 1/2, but just check it about then and see if its tender enough to shred. so you pull your meat out and let it cool so you can shred it(with 2 forks.) strain your onions, discarding the liquid. return onions and shredded meat back to pan.. in a small saucepan combine the rest of your sauce and 1/2 cup ketchup..heat through then stir into onions & meat. You can use hoagie rolls or kaiser rolls..or really any kind of roll you'd like..but i don't recommend cinnamon rolls. that'd be just gross. anyway-super easy meal and DE-licious! jeremy and i sprinkled a little cheese on top and he had some Fat Daddy's BBQ sauce on his.. i thought it was good w/o anything extra though. a 5 star in both our books!
so there you go. a little inspiration for a dinner night this week. take it easy kids. i think its time for my siesta before the stirring...

2 comments:

Erica said...

Shredded beef sandwiches I have to try it. I seriously need to take more advantage of my crock pot. Yes I do remember the swing at Liberty but what I miss the most is the merry go round thingy.

Anonymous said...

You make cooking sound so easy... seriously, I have the greatest wife.. I love you baby!..