Monday, December 1, 2008

12.01.08

i know i know..it's been a few days since I blogged... i've been on vacation. sorry... this is going to be quick though.

i discovered the most painful thing ever (well, I heard childbirth is pretty painful..but i've yet to experience that..)...try hot bacon grease in your eye. oh yes. it happened to me this morning. popped right into my open eyeball. damn that bacon. so good it hurts.
spent almost 8 hours today clearing brush, cutting down trees, building a HUGE bon fire, raking, scooping... all on a massive hillside of one of my parent's friends. single mom, with no help keeping up her acres of high desert hillside. the aching shoulders and back...totally worth it. I just don't know if i'll be able to lift my shoulders high enough to drive home tomorrow.
okay..that's all for now. I've got a game of Rummy 5000 awaiting. I've became quite the card shark again over the past few days. this will be the 4th night of cards in a row. love it.

i'm thinking about wearing safety goggles the next time I cook bacon. 27 doesn't feel any different than 26. but I think birthdays aren't as eventful as time goes on. 2nd thanksgiving this week-whoohoo!! oh yes-and the Christmas parade this weekend. oh it's going to be a great week.........love you all.

1 comment:

pedronegro said...

Thanks you so much for the card. Yes I got it, I will be sending out some birthday thank you cards on the typewriter my folks got me (I gave away the one that I used to have, don't ask) I had a great birthday and it was good to see everyone. Hope that your birthday was great and the time with your folks wonderful. Say hi to them for me and I am sure that we will get to see one another soon. Say hi to Jeremy for me.