Thursday, December 4, 2008

12.04.08

Happy 2nd Thanksgiving!!
Just got my turkey on the BBQ about an hour ago... my first ever turkey. Kind of exciting. Quite the experience trying to handle a 23lb. bird. My sis came over and helped me with the awkwardness. Got the neck and the giblets out no problem... the dang bird barely fit in my roasting pan.... anyway, just got some old fashioned gingerbread put in the oven, our house will be smelling lovely in a bit. And no, not gingerbread cookies-actual gingerbread. dElish. Next will be the Sourdough Stuffing with Pear and Turkey Sausage...yum. it's my mom's recipe and SO good. I'm not a stuffing in the turkey kinda girl-gets a little to mushy for my liking...so hopefully everyone else won't mind:).... Then I'll get the gluewhein going..what's gluewhein you ask? A delicious warm, spicy, mulled wine pretty much. I'm pretty excited about tonight. Going to be great sitting around with friends, filling our bellies, laughing, playing games.. I can't wait.
So Jeremy and I got a new ride.... pretty sweet. Affordable. WAY nicer than the Jeep....
This is what we wanted to get.....
pretty sweet, eh?....
but we got a 1997 Toyota Corolla instead. Bought it from my parents. Not exactly what we wanted but exactly what we needed. it's kinda weird driving it b/c it was the car I drove when I first got my license before I got my 1971 VW. Brings back good memories. Jeremy is installing some speakers right now-the other ones...not so good..And my wonderful musician of a husband would not have it. . . anyway-God totally blessed us with this. I really feel like He's been blessing us in a ton of ways lately. It's incredible.
well friends... must go tend to my baking/cooking. Hope all is well. Don't forget about the Christmas Tree Lighting on Friday night and the parade on Saturday. Team Coverdale will be there.. ah-the beauty of living Downtown, no more fighting the crowds parking. beautiful.
loves-a.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yea second Thanksgiving! Currently cooking the mashed potatoes and pie. Im so excited!

nina said...

Second Thanksgiving! I so wish I was there, with my favorite people at my favorite house : ) Amy, I SOOOO miss your cooking! Best roommate chef ever. Jeremy is so freaking lucky.