Friday, December 5, 2008

12.05.08

2nd Thanksgiving was incredible. Even better than our first Thanksgiving this year! The turkey turned out SO moist and tasty, the stuffing was a hit, and the mulled wine was sweet and delish. All the food people brought was delicious actually. We had TONS of dessert to feast upon. Great time sitting around with friends. Thanks to Jonesy for letting us use the house-it was awesome. If I ever owned a house that big, I'd always have people over for dinner-actually they could live there too! :) it'd be way too lonely with just Jeremy and I! What a way to finish up our life group for the year, I'm SO thankful for all of the new friendships I've made-and for deepening the other ones. So now that I know I can cook a turkey-I'm stoked, I'm ready to tackle anything in the kitchen! Kristena was telling me I should host a cooking club/life group this next year..hhmm, might be something to think about. . . .
it's a beautiful day out...wonder if it is ever going to rain. I love this weather..but i'm having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit without the cold, rainy weather. This year is going to be very simple for Team Coverdale, and I'm super stoked about that. Yea, it's nice to get presents and give them too-but it's totally unnecessary. We have enough.
so I went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago... because ever since I've been off birth control my skin has got pretty crappy (and no, just because I'm not on birth control, Jeremy and I are not trying to get pregnant-let me stifle that rumor before it starts! :) . . . I got super frustrated/and still am at the appt. I just wish SO bad that health insurance would cover me going to a holistic doctor. Just someone that actually wants to cure my skin problem internally in a healthy way. Not give me 2 antibiotics and a topical cream that warns you of all these side affects and harm that could be caused to the baby if we were to get pregnant. ugh. I'm trying so hard to be healthy with what I put in my body and I have never been one for antibiotics because I know how bad they are for your body and how susceptible they leave you to catch anything. I've done a few cleanses that have helped but I think I'm really going to get serious about curing my skin problems in an all-natural way. The medicine the doc put me on has caused my neck and eyes to get red patches that itch and burn...lame. I'm over it. Just sucks that I dropped 200 bucks almost to go see a guy that really didn't care about me, but just about giving me a prescription. So I've been reading up on earth clinic and reading a book on sugar about all these things I can do to better myself. I'm excited about it..Jeremy probably not so much:) He hates it when I go on these crazy healthy phases..but I'm really going to try to make this my lifestyle-not just a phase. I'm pretty sure this means giving up beer and alcohol which ultimately is not a big deal I guess. I'll just have my healthy, one cup of red wine when I feel the need to indulge:)
anyway..whew. that was probably a gigantic paragraph that you really didn't care about reading..but that's what's going on in my life...and really the only frustrating thing in my life right now..
we're heading down to the Christmas tree lighting with Jonsey and Shelbs and maybe the Harrison's tonight-will be wonderful. Some of my most favorite people. anyway..loves you all-a......

5 comments:

nina said...

remember when we were going to get sophie holistic medicine called "calm kitty?" and then we realized that it was just straight brandy?

i wonder if that would work for you...

Amy said...

You should try Melalecua products. They are 1005 natural ingredients that does wonders for your skin. Also taking a multi vitamin and drinking lots of water helps. I think its awesome that your striving to be healthier, the more you do it the more second nature it becomes. You and your husband are already so eco friendly its awesome.

Amy said...

I meant 100% natural not 1005

amy coverdale said...

yes Ninja, I remember that:) poor sophie...:)

JUAN said...

You need to talk with julie. She knows what's up in this area, she was raised with an all organic mother. Trust me, it would be your last time finding your answer.

Her email is jabedsaul@yahoo.com