Friday, March 14, 2008

have vs. need

its time to give people. we have an abundance of stuff. others go without. i've decided to give the stuff i have to people that need. starting off.....
i have a bmx bike. i've had it for 6 years and rode it probably 1 1/2 years of those. i got it when i lived in chico, where everybody rides their bike. anyways, its a Specialized 415. pretty sweet. robin egg blue. probably needs some new tubes (judging from the flatness of the tires) and some new grips. other than that I'm sure it'd be great for some little guy/girl. its a pretty heavy bike though-not really for jumping, unless you got a little muscle man on your hands. anyways. i don't need it anymore. i would love to bless someone with it...because lets be honest-riding a bike when you're a kid is one of the best memories ever.
let me know people.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That's awesome Amy! I totally think that people need to give more where ever they feel like God is calling them to give. Where we give is different for everyone but we are ALL called to give! Have you been watching Oprah's Big Give? It's a good show; so far we have both cried for both of the episodes. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the apartment! That would actually be PERFECT for us. Let me know if you hear of any openings and I will definitely apply once we sell our house. Yippee!!!

Oh and one more thing... I am actually looking for a bike, would yours fit me? If so I would love to check it out and I could even give you a little money for it. Matt and I have both been looking for bikes but they are soooo expensive! Let me know. Thank so much! :)

Anna said...

Yeah Amy I was the one that wanted the recipe. Thanks! Maybe we could look at your apartment before church tomorrow. I think I have you number so I will call you tomorrow. Do you have a garage? We would really like to have a garage so that we don't have to pay for storage. We listed our house today so hopefully we will sell it soon and get one of those available apartments!!! Thanks so much for the great tip! :)

pedronegro said...

It was great to talk to you tonight and i'll finally write a comment so that you know who's reading your blog. I used to ride that bike all over your apt. in chico. Good times. well the link is to my old blog before i switched but you'll figure it out.