Monday, March 17, 2008

oh what a night

Happy St. Patty's everyone!! Hope you all remembered to wear green today and drink a Guinness!! :) Instead of the traditional Corned Beef (can you believe Jeremy doesn't like it-he's Irish even!) I made an Irish Beef Stew with Potato-Herb Dumplings. pretty darn tasty if I don't say so myself. I didn't get Jeremy's star rating yet.... but soon. yes soon.
We had a busy weekend here at the Coverdale household. Jeremy's band played Saturday night to a sold out crowd at the Cascade. I was so proud of them-they did SO good!! and dang, my husband looked hot up there... I took some pictures with his camera of him...so I'll have to steal them so you can all see how lucky of a lady I am. The Myriad headlined the show..they were good as always. My sister and I were on the side watching, oh so tempted to yet out "SuperWheel!!!" (only old-schoolers will understand.)
Patty (mother-in-law)& Kevin and Scott (brother-in-laws) stayed at our place this weekend. It wasn't bad-but it was kind of hard because I had a paper due today.... and I don't know if you've ever tried to write a paper with 4 other people in the house...but its not super easy..especially because I'm one of those people that needs quiet to really focus. but it was nice to see them. I really appreciate my relationship with Jeremy. We have such a wonderful time together-its so great to see how our life together is different than his life with his family... I don't mean that in a bad way..... but you know what I mean.
We also met up with Gary(father-in-law) & Janice(mother-in-law#2) for a little while Sunday morning. They're great. Janice brought me some yummy Amish Friendship bread as a little prize...yes, along with the starter. So if there are any of you out there that know how yummy Amish Friendship bread is...and want your own starter... I'll be able to split my starter up this weekend...:)
Jeremy and I cleaned the house together Saturday morning for an hour or so...I love cleaning with him. He's so cute in the way he does things...I can't explain it-but i LOVE it. I bought a new welcome mat and some cute flowers too to help spruce up the place! :)Check it out...
pretty cute, eh? I've been wanting to get flowers for the longest time and this gave me a good excuse...plus the weather has been quite lovely as of late...
kind of took me back to when I'd help my mom plant flowers every spring, summer, and fall. we were constantly planting. i loved it. going down to the store and picking out new varieties.. getting our hands dirty..the responsibility of watering and nurturing. i love it. someday I hope to have a house where I can plant pretty flowers all the times. and veggies. definitely a garden.
Dan rocked it last night at the stirring. whew. i don't think there was a dry eye in that building. I loved the message though that came with his story..... God gives us these dreams...and all the while they're not coming true and we're super frustrated and pissed at God..He is still there... if He gives us these dreams-they will come true..just not always how we've dreamed...:)
I love that I've inspired so many of you to start/continue green cleaning. its great. i LOVE it... oh, Rosetta, I know you'll be reading this.... I researched the whole natural fabric softener thing and i was right-baking soda and vinegar. you're supposed to add 1/4 cup baking soda to the wash cycle(softens the clothes) and then 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle(this is the part that supposed to get rid of static). anyway. I'm ready to switch after reading all the crazy chemicals that are in those simply handy-dandy dryer sheets... but if you don't want to be so down home you can always buy the natural softeners-just look for the ones that aren't chemical based. seventh generation has one that's canola based I believe.... anyway
enough of that. :) I'm waiting for my honey to get home so we can drink a Guinness together and pretend that we're Irish.

OH-last thing. anyone need an Ice Cream maker? I've got one..brand new, just collecting dust in our closet. I'm going to start implementing the nine month rule. if I haven't used it 9 months (or even seen it for that matter).... I don't need it! it's all yours!
love you all.

5 comments:

Rosetta Borgic said...

No! I was going to give YOU a starter for Amish bread. Dang it! I just made bread last night. I hope you want some more tonight...

Rosetta Borgic said...

Seriously not kidding. How could I? It is too strange to kid about.
ps. I love surprises!

Candace said...

What the heck?! Bobby doesn't like corned beef and cabbage either! I think it's sooooo good. My Mom makes it for us every year. Yum Yum! Don't you love how just a welcome mat and some flowers can change the whole feeling of your front door? So simple but such a big affect.

PatPut said...

I throughly enjoyed our visit (except the sick part I could have done without) I did not realy start feeling better until Portland.

Sorry we were a distraction from your paper. Did you get it done in time?

Love you and miss you lots...

PatPut said...

Humm...
I had a wonderful time visiting you and Jeremy... but I could have done without the sick part. I actually did not start feeling well until almost Portland.

Sorry the studying & writing paper part is hard. I hope you finished it in time.
Love you lots and miss you more...