Monday, March 3, 2008

just another manic monday....

I've wanted to blog about a few things for a while but have completely forgotten up till now...so here i go.
the other day I was leaving our apartment to go to the grocery store...as i was walking down the stairs i saw Daniel, on the grass, laundry basket next to him. You might be wondering, who the heck is Daniel? i bet you know him. i bet you've seen him. He's the guy riding the 3 wheeler all over town with the umbrella and the blaring boom box on the back. He's the one that waves at you-no matter who you are, he's happy to see you. He's also the one that got attacked last fall-by a stranger, who is now sitting in the slammer. I think he has cerebral palsy. but i could be completely off. well, Daniel has lived at Manzanita Manor the whole time I've been here. completely on his own-with his kitty cat keeping him company. i always seem to run into him in the laundry room and it always brings me joy to say hello to him, and in his quirky, darling voice he asks me all kinds of questions. I wonder if most people are patient as I am with him-or do they just pretend that they understood what he said, and give a quick reply, and out they go. why are we so afraid of the mentally handicapped or disabled? we're the same in God's eyes. the same. no different. anyway-back to my story. he'd fallen on his way back to his apartment and was just sitting there. I'm not sure if he was waiting for someone to help him or how long he'd been there. maybe it just happened or maybe he was trying to figure out if he could get back up. I called out "do you need some help Daniel?" ..."do you mind" he replied. "of course not!" so i walked over and grabbed his laundry basket and offered my hand to help him up. he was grinning ear to ear... i felt so happy inside. i walked with him to his apartment making small talk all the way..he told me about how he was going for a bike ride when he was done with his chores and how pretty the sun was that day. simple things people. simple things bring heaven to earth. tangible.

thing number 2. i have these few grey hairs that have somehow grew quite long. they are right smack dab in the middle of where i part my hair. quite noticeable (i think) but probably not to other people. i wonder if God is checking in on me... I say that I'm not a person too into looks...and that i want to keep things as natural as possible. trying to abstain from the fashion before function sense of society these days. Jeremy asked why i don't just pull them out. is he crazy!?!?! duh! that totally means 2 more will appear!:) old wives tale. but anyway, I've actually kinda became fond of my grey strands...they kind of glisten in the sunlight. i think I'll keep them. grey is the color of wisdom is it not?

thing number 3. i registered to vote the other day..i know what you're thinking... "Amy, you're 26 years old and you're just now registering to vote." quite frankly, yes. up till now, i could care less about politics and who was running for president. i never followed the primaries or knew about all the propositions and what not. but this year, for some reason, I've became passionate about our country in a political way..if that makes sense. but I don't like to talk about it really-because people get so pissed off if you don't want the same person for president. not to say who I'm going to vote for....because i don't want to impress my opinion on any of you fellow readers, but you should probably watch this video now....




its really weird b/c my parents are republicans and always will be.... and they can't believe that I wouldn't vote the same as them. I've tried to explain my generation's passion to change things...to fix the problems their generation created and passed generations..but it all seems useless. anyway...

i made homemade applesauce tonight. it was DE-licious. Jeremy wasn't too sure about it...but then again-it was his first experience with homemade applesauce, still warm and chunky (just how i like it)... anyway if any of you would like to know a lovely, easy recipe for some, hit me up.. I'll come over and help you peel the apples because that's really the hardest part. for dinner, i made a Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper MeatLoaf..but i'd much rather call it a meat crumble. 4.5 stars from Jeremy though. it had GREAT flavor and I quite enjoyed it..even if it kinda fell apart. Thanks to Rosetta for letting me borrow the new Real Simple where I found the recipe.
on that note... I think I shall go for now. Jeremy is gone at band practice and I think I'll clean up the house a bit and then work on some reading for school. take care all my little friends out there in blogworld. i love you all. i do. you are beautiful.

oh..p.s. have you guys all read the Irresistible Revolution? because if you haven't. you need to. i'm just finishing it and i'm planning on reading it again as soon as i finish.:)
goodness, i had alot to say tonight:)

7 comments:

Candace said...

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.
Proverbs 16:31 :D

Emily Faulknor said...

Wow, Amy, you DID have a LOT to say! I have for the first time registered to vote as well and I am also 26. Yay for us! :)Do you have any new recipes you could send my way for me to try to make? :)

Candace said...

Hey, have you seen Stranger than Fiction? The girl Ana Pasquale reminds me of you. You should open a bakery like that.

Candace said...

Or I guess not a bakery but a restaurant or something since you said you don't like to bake as much.

Rosetta Borgic said...

No no no. Thanks to you. Tonight I am making tequila chicken chili verde from Cookin' L. We'll see if it is three-hole punchable. :)

Rosetta Borgic said...

Verdict is.... Yes! Three hole punchable indeed. Andrew quoted... "this may be the best one (as in dinner) yet!"
Ps. I made a copy and three hole punched the copy. Your magazine is still intact.

Anna said...

That was by far the longest blog I have ever read! :) BTW how do you make homemade apple sauce? I need to get that recipe since it sounds like you are the recipe go-to girl. :P