Friday, March 14, 2008

The One you love



i guess i took an unexpected vacation from blogging. its been a busy couple of weeks. I've been exhausted lately and I've narrowed it down to a few reasons. 1)lack of exercise. seriously, why do i have gym membership when i never go. this week it starts again. I'm going to commit to working out at least 4 days a week. 2) lack of healthy eating. true I've been eating my fruits and vegetables every day but I've also been eating some crap food more lately. i can feel it too. all that processed stuff-just not good for me, or anyone else for that matter. 3) school work. i forgot how much school demands out of you. I've gotta get better at managing my time i guess.
Jeremy and i have busy weekend coming up too. His band is playing at the Cascade Saturday night...which means we've got lots of family coming in to town. Jeremy's mom and brother are coming down from Seattle, his dad, step mom and brother are coming up from Sacramento-and 3 of them are staying at our little apartment:) Full house! I'm not used to that-i kinda wigged out on Jeremy last night. whoops. it'll be okay... I've just got to get my cleaning done and get my paper done today or tomorrow that's due on Monday.
I'm watching Martha Stewart right now. she kind of drives me crazy. but she does has some really good ideas. i sure do think it would be fun to have my own cooking show.. speaking of cooking... its been a good cooking week.. i think i got 5 stars from Jeremy all week long! *sweet*..lets see, Sunday was Turkey Sausage & Caramelized Onion Risotto... have you ever made risotto? total pain in the ass! but definitely worth standing over the pan stirring for 30 minutes! Monday we went over to Jill and Erich's for BBQ burgers-I love homemade burgers... SO much! Tuesday I made Peanut Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa over at Jonesy's house.. SUPER good, and quite easy-we like that! Wednesday i made a Zucchini Sausage Skillet-another mom meal, well it made me feel like a mom, especially because its a sneaky way to get us to eat our veggies:) Last night I made Baked Mostaccioli, which is pretty much a cross between lasagna and baked ziti. Delicious..and once again easy....:) I got my new Rachael ray this week too-so next week promises to be another five star week:) here are some pictures of the dinners (not taken by Jeremy.. just off the websites..:)
I've been reading the Irresistible Revolution as you know. This book is changing my life... it also is starting to drive me crazy that other people aren't seeing things the way I see things. It's really made me love people alot more.. all the people-even those I consider enemies or people that would never be my friend.. God created them too-so why shouldn't I love them? Here's a part of the book I think I incredible...:
"Look into the eyes of the tax collectors as they sue you in court. See their poverty and give them your coat. Look into the eyes of the ones who are hardest for you to like, and see the One you love."
small things are easy ways to show love. the other day I took a sick coworker some soup and juice because she couldn't leave her house. sure it was "out of my way" but c'mon people!!! we need to make more time for our fellow friends that roam this earth. I felt so good after stopping by her house-that's what love does to you-it lifts you up. kind of like Red Bull-it'll give you wings.
well friends... I've gotta get going on my laundry and my "green cleaning":) I love you Rosetta and how you've joined the green revolution. Little things we can do to help our environment..its easy being green:)

3 comments:

Emily Faulknor said...

My dear Amy, I loved Irrisistable Revolution and I absolutely understand what you are saying. I love how gourmet all of your meals sound and I know I could and I need to learn so much from you in the realm of cooking. I love watching Martha Stewart, but then am always scared to try the meals. Oh, and I would love to burrow that book on Green cleaning. I remember you mentioning it and Rosetta was telling me about it and I totally want to get on board! :) Love you!

Rosetta Borgic said...

We missed you this week, homework-head! I'm glad you didn't come for one reason, and one reason only. I was not ready to give you your mags and book back. But that's it!
I totally struck out on dinners this week - BAD. Dang Rach Ray! And by the way, why do you get yours sooner than me???

nathan said...

amazing ... you have God's heart ... i love it ... that book ruined my life ...