Sunday, January 11, 2009

1.11.2009

a few things I've decided:

1) I'm not fancy, so I should stop trying on fancy clothes. just not me.
2) I love wearing a t-shirt and jeans, I am that girl.
3) I'm really into high tops right now.

Jeremy and i went out to the vans outlet today. got some sweet kicks.
I've tried on fancy shoes, slouchy boots, trendy ballet flats..just can't do it. guess it's the tomboy in me. I've tried all the new styles of shirts on; but always resort back to a v-neck or plain white t. I've tried on cropped jackets, stylish trench coats, and dressy pea coats; but I'd rather wear a hoodie w/a blazer. i always admire (kinda jealously) the stylish girls I know, wishing I could dress like them, but well, I'm okay that I don't because it's just not me, and I like who I am.

Funny how you continue to deal with self-image issues no matter what age you are.

2 comments:

Mike Cunningham said...

Your last line really made me laugh because at school today I was dealing with self image really bad. You would think at 30 years old I would not be worrying about self-image.

I'm a total t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Today walking around campus I had my big down jacket on (which is not fashionable but really warm) and I caught myself comparing my jacket to what other guys are wearing. I felt very fashion inept.

At one point I stopped and asked myself, "Why do I care? Who am I trying to impress?" It helped me remember I'm me and I prefer warmth over style.

Lauren said...

i love you for who you are.