Saturday, October 2, 2010

10.02.10

Yes yes, it has been a long time coming, my friends. I have not abandoned my blog...but instead, every time I sat down to write...my mind would be flooded with thoughts, dreams, ideas, lyrics, verses, etc...
you get the idea
The past 3 months have been a time of reflection for me. Moving to Idaho may have been the best thing I've done for my soul. I'm hardly working (which is + and a - ) and therefore, have hardly had any money to do things with.
So instead....
I've been sitting...
reading..
praying...
journaling..
spending time with like minded folks..
dreaming..
hanging with my love..
Living in Redding, working full-time, I never had this much time on my hands..to just sit and think. To dwell on all the possibilities God has for me. To dream---to truly dream, and to believe that God is breaking and shaping me each day, so that I'll be ready when those dreams come to fruition. I've become a more emotional being that ever before, finding joy and tears are quite often best friends. Living in Redding...I had some great people around me... but I didn't have anyone in my life there, pushing me towards who I'm destined to be. . . and I think up here, I've caught a taste of what it's like to be surrounded by people that are going to support you and push you, because they love you.
so...
where am I at now, you ask??
well....
-Jeremy leaves for tour on Monday for a month. . . *sigh*..I sigh because Jeremy has really only been here with me in Nampa for 2 out of the 4 months we've been here. . . so it's bittersweet to send him off again....but I'm grateful for the opportunity he's getting to play with Matt and actually get paid!
-We're going camping with my family next weekend in California (going to be an incredible weekend!)
-I'm going to do the Master Cleanse when I get back, with some friends this time, I'm a strong person and all, but it was SO hard doing it on my own.
-I'm going to start exercising at least 3 days a week.... I turn 29 next month (what the heck!?!) and I have to start taking better care of myself.
-I've been reading books like crazy these days.... books that are inspiring me to eat organic, make everything I can possibly make-instead of going to the grocery store, shop at 2nd hand stores for clothes, and overall be grateful for what I currently have, and stop wishing for things that I don't.
-Dreams are becoming an exciting occurrence for me... dreams of owning some land (for some reason it's always on the coast of California?) and having a "retreat" that tired souls can come to for a few days, a week, a month..or however long it takes to restore their souls..and of course, we'll have a huge garden, some chickens, maybe a cow, tons of flowers and herbs, a few barn cats, and a lazy dog sleeping all day long on the front porch.
-Dreams of living a simple life...without all this junk that gets in between me and God. All the noise that muffles His voice in my life.
-Dreams of not putting so much value in material things.
-I'm thinking about getting rid of my iPhone... it has become way more than a phone to me, and I hate that....I don't want to be dependent on a phone...or feel like anytime someone emails me or facebooks me, I have to go check it right then--regardless of what I'm doing or who I'm with.
-I'm thinking I'm going to stop dying my hair.... you think this may not be a big deal...but I've got quite a bunch of gray hairs that have appeared on my head in the past few years...but, I just want to embrace them, and be me. Gray hair and all. Is that true beauty? We'll see, I'm just at a point where I want to be as natural as I can....plus, we just don't have the money for it these days.
-I think I finally am feeling alive.
so that's it....
that's what's been happening in the past few months. Man..it feels good to write...I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of this once Jeremy is gone....even more time on my hands.
I love you all and hope each day you are being pushed closer towards who you are intended to be.
xo-a.

oh yea..p.s. to hear a bit of my heart the past few months, listen to this song...props to my brother, Christian for blogging about it (days ago...hint hint, Christian... ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So here is the new plan... if Jeremy goes on tour, and you are not working (or, not working much) you come stay with me. All the accommodations are free!! Or, you should come out when Matt and Jeremy play here, because that would just kick ass. And again, awesome place to stay :) Love you!

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Seems like a good plan.