Monday, October 18, 2010

10.18.10

4 months ago, Jeremy and I drove away from a place I called home for 25 years of my life, Redding. Through the north eastern corner of California, through the barren eastern Oregon, and finally landed in the Treasure Valley, Nampa, Idaho. It's been a good, strange, hard, joyful, tearful, inspiring 4 months to say the least.
2 months ago, I started a new job using my degree as a PSR worker (psychosocial rehabilitationist). This was a big step for me, as many of you know, I was a loyal worker at Sunset Market for the past 10 years it seems. It's been good, strange, hard, joyful, tearful, inspiring 2 months to say the least.
4 days ago, I started the Master Cleanse for the second time around. My caffeine withdrawal headache only lasted for Day 1, unlike last time till Day 3, maybe I'm not drinking as much coffee as I used to. The saltwater in the morning is still gross, but I drink it with ease, all at one, unlike last time.
3 days ago, I started the "30 day shred" dvd by Jillian from Biggest Loser. Man, it's so hard to stick with her for 20 minutes, especially, since I cannot recall the last time I worked out. But I'm excited to be in shape, to lose my pooch, and to look like a smokin' hot wife for Jeremy when he comes home in November.
Yesterday...I had a rough morning. Not sure if it's partly because of when you detox, you typically become more emotional.... but, I was "homesick" like crazy. All I wanted to do was go pick up my sister and drive up to see our Mom and Dad. It didn't help that Jeremy wasn't home to comfort me...and that was another part of it, I just wanted him to be home with me. This is the farthest I've lived from my family, and I think it finally hit me how much I missed being around them. After spending last weekend with them camping in the mountains, fishing at Eagle Lake, sitting around my parents house chit-chatting, I really really missed them. And I knew it was bound to hit me sooner or later..I just wasn't expecting it to leave me teary-eyed for most of the day.
Today...I'm going to practice crocheting, I'm determined to learn this craft! Go to the library and check out some new books. Work with 1 client this afternoon (wish it was more..but nobody called me back today to confirm appts! grrrr). Watch some silly tv shows with Kaysha tonight as we drink our yummy lemonade and laxative tea (ha!).
I love you all... God is so good, all the time.
xo-a.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

Amy, when you need a "home" you are welcome to join us in our home. We aren't a good sub for your family we you could join us in our life :)

Ronda

Ronnie said...

Ok, that last sentence should have said "..but you could join us..."

amy coverdale said...

Thank you, Ronda :) I just might have to take you up on that sometime... I think you guys are great, and would be a decent sub. for my family back home :)