Saturday, October 30, 2010

10.30.10

Having a nice, lazy Saturday thus far... slept in till 8. . . lounged around, drank a couple cups of coffee, ate a breakfast of Hemp toast, slathered with Trader Joe's peanut butter (thanks Mom for sending me a jar!) and a sliced banana. Watched a little bit of the news...then turned it off, the news quickly depresses me. Got my butt in gear and did my workout, slacked yesterday and didn't do it...so it hurt extra today...karma...dangit. Took a long, hot shower...put on an old pair of jeans and t-shirt that actually are starting to fit me better! Went down to the mailbox to drop our rent check in the mail...but the mail man came early today..and the September issue of Bon Appetit was in our box..that was a nice surprise, sure wasn't expecting them to send me the back issues since I signed up in September...one of the best $3 I've ever spent, I do believe. Had a simple lunch of leftover brown rice & pine nuts, topped with some yum sauce (I do think I'll be putting that on everything from now on....) and now....working on a couple mixes for some precious people in my life....
sometimes making mixes can be overwhelming, 20.5 days worth of music on my iTunes, it can be hard to canvass the entire music library...So quite often, I put it on shuffle and wait for the inspiration to kick in....And actually, my iTunes (and my iPod in the car) stay on shuffle at least 80% of the time, a good way to hear music I haven't heard in a while...
so, here's what my iTunes has played the past 10 songs...with maybe my favorite line or two....

#1 Ryan Adams "You Will Always Be The Same"
-------- Go on little girl, feet twirl, go and make him smile-------
#
2 Minus the Bear "Dr. L'ling"
#3 AU4 "Everything's Moving"
#4 Phil Wickham "Holy, Holy, Holy"
#5 M.I.A. "World Town"
-------Every wall you build I'll knock it down to the floor--------
#6 The Beatles "Hey Jude"
------Remember to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better------
#7
Fionn Regan "Bunker or Basement"
#8 Wilco "Handshake Drugs"
#9 Au Revoir Simone "Shadows"
-------I'm moving on, I hope you're coming with me. Cause I'm not strong without you------
#10 Karate "First Release"
-------When I'm alone, I want to feel like one kid getting stoned, only to keep things a little more clear, just to be able to hold on to a simple idea. And when I'm with you, I want to notice everything as we do, to catch every bit bit of blur, squint, chill, and red, from sand dunes, San Soliel, and sunsets------


loves-a.

No comments: