Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.14.10

What a day...
woke up to check our bank account to find that Jeremy's last check from work bounced. *sigh* ... I was stressed & worried in an instant...but then had to remind myself that those things are not of God...I'm feeling much better now...after some prayer and some reminders from some dear friends of mine....
in brighter news...
I start the Master Cleanse tomorrow (2nd time doing it!) and am excited about the whole process, as this time I have 2 friends, Chad and Kaysha, that are committing to the 10 day cleanse with me. I think this will make it easier on me--although, last time, I did have to test my strength and cook for Jeremy 2 out of my 10 days...silly me.
as part of a mental/spiritual cleanse....I've decided to sell my iPhone (for financial reasons too)... I've been thinking alot about how much time I waste on that silly phone...and all the silly apps that I use every day. That phone has just made me lazy I think. Sure, I'll miss being able to play Wordswithfriends...and some of the other silly games... and you wonder how I'll get to where I'm going without my Maps app? I plan on actually using real paper maps to navigate my way when I'm on trips!! What a crazy idea, eh? And then I won't be checking my face book all the time, or reading every email I get throughout the day as soon as I get it... I'm looking forward to just being able to actually be where I am, instead of having this little computer with me. Technology, is not all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion. I just want a phone that can call people, text, and maybe take pictures...do they even make those anymore??
anyway.... today is day 2 of being home with Jeremy officially out on tour..and I miss him terribly. I thought it might be easier, since we've done this twice before..but I think that since I love him even more than I did back then--that's why it's hard. But I'm blessed up here--surrounded by great people that make sure I'm not just sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.
oohh---forgot to mention that I was camping in California with my fam this weekend! We had SOOOOOO much fun, but I'll save that for another post, when I get the pictures.
loves-a.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love paper maps. The real ones that fold. An iphone never suited you anyways :) Love you!

amy coverdale said...

Yea..it didn't did it? And besides, it takes talent to fold up a map properly ;)