Sunday, September 14, 2008

9.14..08


51 palm trees.
1 road.
seriously?
i've been meaning to blog about this for a while...but I keep thinking, maybe they'll grow on me. but no..they haven't. Maybe if I lived in Hawaii I'd be okay. Just think if you were driving on a road in Hawaii and you saw a bunch of Maples, Oaks, or Fir trees..just wouldn't look right. . . oh well. apparently the nor-cal thing wasn't working for us, we're going for nor-wish-we-were-so-cal. maybe it's just me.
i've even got Jack Johnson playing right now... just not feeling it, Redding.
and hey..why don't we close cypress too. just makes me want to stay on the west side. i'm not a freeway driver...and now I'm being forced to. lame. but hey-December 2010 is just around the corner, seriously? they've been working on that bridge for a year already-they need 2 more? . . maybe I should go help.....:)

planted flowers yesterday. helped the husband hang some shelves. rearranged the living room a bit. cooked a pot roast. baked a tasty, fresh peach cobbler. Hannah joined us for dinner. she's amazing. I love how God brings different people into my life of all different ages. it's wonderful. Heather came over later-she's amazing too. and the best part... we all have tickets to see Sigur Ros down in Berkeley on October 4th. This will be time # 6 I've been so blessed to see them perform. ***aaaahhhh*** (that was a wonderful sigh, not a scream).... we're planning on hitting up IKEA and H&M while we're down there.. maybe a little Rasputin's...Amoeba...Buffalo Exchange..you name it, we'll be there.

so i'm procrastinating. I have a 1050-word paper due tomorrow in my Biological Foundations of Psychology class....not feeling very inspired at the moment. Interesting topic though... the treatment of ADHD with extended release stimulants and non stimulants along with the development and use of clinical guidelines...oohhh, sounds wonderful doesn't it? sure. just not exactly how i'd love to spend my Sunday afternoon. Just made myself a tasty couple shots of espresso on ice-the real stuff-no foofy here.... going to go at it for an hour... get ready for church.. come home, work on the paper a bit more.... and watch Extreme Home Makeover :)
take care friends... -a.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously with the Palm trees. Maybe it'll look nicer when they unbind the leaves?

Very sorry to miss you and your pot roast and your cobbler and your husband last night.

hannahrae said...

I can't wait for Oct. 4th. I'm going to start a count down!

and my vote definitely goes in for Buffalo Exchange!