Thursday, September 18, 2008

9.18.08

just realized I posted the wrong date yesterday. either that or my day went by real fast without me even knowing it.........

tonight was our first life group *yea*.... love having people over at our house.... Thank you Jason, Kelly, Kaitlin, and Amy for joining with us. Jeremy and I were a little worried we'd have a packed house b/c quite a few people said they were coming but they didn't show... so i guess that's good... except I made crazy amounts of goodies....so now there's a bunch of mini-cheesecakes in my fridge tempting me. I heard cheesecake is great breakfast food....:)
anyways, tonight was just a night of getting to know each other...we talked quite a bit about money, possessions, and time..and what we do with them. we talked about the homeless and the lonely....and how sometimes all they need is us to sit and listen to them. . . we talked about how we need to be prepared for the commitments we make.... and how God will show up and He WILL bring you chances to act out what you say you want in your life. . . . I've been reading up on Acts (as most of you are)...and I keep going back to that verse about the people that houses and land that would sell them and give the profit to the church to give to those that had need..... think about it. if God put in on your heart to sell your most prized possession...whether it be your house, your car, your computer...whatever... and NOT keep the money but give it away... how would you feel?
Kelly brought up some great points about wealth...and how wealth is NOT a bad thing. God created wealth..... money is not a bad thing.... but the love of money...that's where it gets bad. it doesn't matter how money you have..the important thing is that you're giving it away. if you have an abundance, give to someone that is in need. it's really not that complicated. really. it's pretty simple.
so what do you think friends? what's your favorite material possession? what if I needed it? or what if I was hurting for cash...and you knew you could get "X" amount for your car..would you sell it?
loves you all. i best be getting to bed..gotta go in to work tomorrow :( then go take my car to the shop... hope Jacob will be okay-he hasn't had a tune up in a while..but i wanted to make sure he's running good for our trip to see Sigur Ros.....

oh yes, Sigur Ros...
take 1.
the first time I saw Sigur Ros was...... 2000.
8 years ago.
yes, i AM their biggest fan.
paid 50 dollars to see them.
well actually 100.
went with my friend Kat.
they played at the Fillmore in San Francisco
*beautiful place*
we realized when we got to Berkeley that the tickets were sitting on the end table.
in redding.
*insert swear word here....* :)
ended up buying a ticket of a scalper out front.
thank God for scalpers.
saw a good friend Matt Krombach (I always butcher his name....:)
he was looking for a ticket too.
made it in just as Sigur Ros took the stage.
Kat and I worked our way all the way to the front.
some crazy Icelandic opera singer was touring with him.
It was incredible.
seriously.
well worth the 100 dollars.
met up with some more friends... (I feel like Olivia and Christian were there too..)
i remember we went to some little cafe afterwards
had milkshakes...
it was all of our first time's seeing Sigur Ros.
words just can't describe.
it's a spiritual experience.
can't wait for take 6....
loves you all.

6 comments:

JUAN said...

Amy,

I love your thoughts..

In no attempt to redirect you from what might be your favorite automobile mechanic.. If you feel gauged every time you get your car worked on, I can help.... Just ask Nate.. It's an avenue that can be part of freeing up money for your heart for the least..

My favorite possession is my Bible. :)

amy coverdale said...

thanks juan for the comment.... i have some pretty nice mechanics that always seem to take care of me. i take them donuts, they treat me well:) but i'd love to have you work on our cars next time... you think there's hope for Jeremy's jeep?:) it's in some serious need of some loven:)....

so your favorite possession is your Bible? can I have it? :) .... j/k I have my own:)

Christian said...

great stuff Amy. Glad the group went well. Hmmm... well if you needed a pair of shoes... and wore a size 11.. i gotcha!!! hahaa...

see you guys tonight.. cant wait.

oh.. sigur ros.. awwwww!! ok...

keep it POSSE!

JUAN said...

haha.. welp.. I won't be the one working on your car.. haha.. I should have been more specific.. My uncle is an honest mechanic and has saved all my friends hundreds.... There is a lot of hope for J's jeep :)

Let me know what you guys are thinking and I'll get you hooked up. :)

If you need my Bible.. you can totally have it :)

Anonymous said...

amy! i was there. i had something wrong with my face (a rash or something?) and i was miserable and sick. kat blasted belle and sebastian the whole way down which only made it worse. (still don't like them:) haha) when you guys were getting ice cream afterward i was sleeping in kat's backseat somewhere in the bay area at 2 am and miller carr offered me weed to make me feel better. i declined. hahaha love you and miss you.

amy coverdale said...

oh kayla! I totally remember how sick you were that night..i remember how annoying Kat was too....:) but I like Belle&Sebastian..she was just a bit to scenester for me..:) oh and miller carr. remember how huge of crushes we had on him out at Shasta College? ahhh...the good old days:)