Monday, September 22, 2008

9.dosdos.08

so some friends of mine... just started up this website .menu central. . ... so get check it out. give them some love. and tell your favorite restaurant how much you would love it if their menu was online. do it. give my friends some love.

stirring last night. *whew* ... nathan "brought it" as some of you would say. i was really impressed with his message. impressed..... inspired.... excited.... i did alot of head nodding last night. who cares about labels? who cares about the religion you follow? who cares about which bar you frequent? who cares about what strip club you went to last weekend? who cares what book you're reading? who cares about the naked girl tattooed on your forearm? who cares how much money you make? .... it's not up to us. like nate said... salvation belongs to God. It's not our job to save people. it's our job to live life with them. love them. speak life and hope into their lives. and to show them, through our lives, that there's IS something worth living for. i know that sounds cheesy..but it's true. . . .

we need to have the posture that Jesus had. at all times. not just at church. or in our life groups. all the time. Nathan threw out a verse from Colossians.... which got me remembering how much I love that book. i've been having a real-bummer of a time at my job lately..having a real hard time keeping a positive attitude-which if you know me..is pretty rare, i'm usually a happy girl, full of joy...and quite a bit of sarcasm sometimes....:) so anyway, i've been having a pretty crappy attitude while at work..or even talking about work.... because well, everyone else is negative there..so I've had a hard time seeing God there (but today I had a conversation with God while facing up the sunflower seeds.. . ).... so last night I dove into Colossians. .
*quick side note*... i know this is why i've been having a hard time seeing God lately-I haven't been in the Word. it's so simple. so essential.

so my friends. be inspired. . .
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving...." Colossians 3:23-24

i'm watching HGTV right now. i've come to the conclusion... vacation homes are stupid. can you imagine having SO much stuff that you need 2 houses to fit all of your furniture? . . . i don't know..it's just a strange concept to me. if you want to have a vacation house, then bless someone the other 11 months out of the year that you're NOT there, and let them live there. don't get me wrong... i love to vacation.... i just think it's crazy that people actually spend the money on a vacation home. . . and worrying about if the guest bedroom at your vacation house is BIG enough. seriously. but speaking of houses... we finally put up some shelves in our living room. a good place to put choschkees..right Lauren?

on a sad note...i have to give kitty back this Saturday. she and i have become quite the BFF's. she's sleeping on my lap right now, which means she'll be all wired up and squirly when it's time for bed tonight. great. . .

hey..... welcome my friend Kelly to the blog world.. she's great. one of my most favorite people ever. true story.
loves you all.

2 comments:

hannahrae said...

I think after Kitty leaves, you and Jeremy need to get your own cat!

You can tell him I said so! hehe.

Sometimes I get so frustrated when I watch HGTV, don't get my wrong, I love the channel, it's a addicting! But...it makes me sick watching people talk about how much of a mortgage they're willing to pay...like way up there in the millions and millions...RIDIC.
I just want a cute little old fixer-upper. As long as it's a place were people feel comfortable...

Alright. I just finished the mixes. I was a little sad when it was over...I never wanted it to end! But then I pressed play again and felt fine. Anytime you feel inspired and feel the need to make me a mix, you go right a head!

Love ya girl! and good look with your paper! I have 4 kinda small ones due tomorrow. 3 down 1 more to go!

Juliette said...

I loved your thoughts on last night. Ruby was a little rambunctions (how do you spell that?) and so I was in the back room for most of the message. Next week its the nursery for Ruby! So I'll definitely listen to the podcast but your thoughts were like a preview :) I totally feel you on the working attitude - got to work on that myself. Hugs!