Friday, September 19, 2008

9.20.08

God was at the Squire Room last night.
He totally showed up around 12:30 a.m.
outside, in the parking lot...
as we were getting ready leave.
Jonesy and Matthews and I....
encouraging each other
speaking life to each other
recognizing God in each other's lives.
challenging each other to live out what God has called us to...
incredible.

good night.

pizza at Millhouse..always good.
packed house.
great people around, thanks for coming guys...
Kelly. Pete. Lyn. Jill. Erich. Matthews. Jonesy.
Heather. Chris. BV19. Christian. Jesse.
J. Edwardson. David.
we love being surround by the people that make up our lives.
we made a new friend at the Squire... Mark.
Nice guy, drives for Fed Ex, drinks Bud Light,
likes to fish, pretty down to earth guy.
we played Little Mexico with him.
he schooled us.
we talked about old music that we listened to in Jr.High.
Pinkerton and Dookie.
we talked about relationships
and life.
Jeremy got his number. They're supposed to go fishing.
i hope they do.
i know God has called us to meet people to live life with
in the places most don't think it's okay to go to.
i think you can be intentional with people everywhere you go.
our conversation never involved the word church, Christian, or Jesus...
but what an incredible conversation.
it's amazing when you have incredible conversation..
with a complete stranger. that's what it's all about my friends..
think of how many people Jesus met every day...
and had incredible conversation.
God loves the Squire Room.
got home at 1:37 this a.m.
slept till 8.
ready for a nap again...
kitty is asleep on my lap
i'm drinking a delicious french press.
the mockingbird it outside singing it's heart away....
and it's 67 degrees..
beautiful.

in the alley outside of the Squire Room..
we somehow got to talking about Job..what an incredible story.
we'd been talking about how we'd respond if God asked us to give up...
everything.
feel the love that Jesus had for us----knowing the people he met on this earth---
He was going to die for them...can you imagine being that selfless?
aahhh..
so I decided to take a short break from reading Acts and hit up Job this morning...
it's crazy-the first "test" that God allows Satan to do on Job,
Job lost everything.
he lost his oxen, donkeys, camels, sheep, servants...and his family. all of his son's and daughters... can you feel that? what if God came and took that away from you? I know I'd have a hard time not being angry at God.....
how could Job not be angry at God?.....no.... he worshiped God instead..
falling on his knees in worship
"Naked I come from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

amen brother....amen. we can't take it all with us when we go.......
loves you all-a.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

yeah come up for thanksgiving! we will be here the whole month of november. peters family is coming up here to spend thanksgiving. i am pretty excited to spend it here. but i am a little bummed that i won't see my family...so you guys should come and be my family!

Christian said...

amazing....

JOB. wow.. thats my doooode!!

great night.. i just had my leftovers... so good.

Kelly said...

Thanks lady, I'm excited to be a 'blogger' except I don't know how to do anything neat yet. I don't know what all the terms and links all mean. Oh, I'm such a novice. see you at church if you're lucky.

JUAN said...

Great post...

When I think about what Jesus said, He was always speaking about the Father and His Kingdom.. In fact, Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven... I believe that's what should be on our lips... Never hiding or being ashamed what people think.. Ultimately, Jesus shares with us that He was hated first and then we were. So, for me.. I don't think we should interact with people that hides our faith or Gospel... We are commanded to preach the Good News.... whatever that means......

I love the story of Job... There's a guy that didn't have everything until he lost what everyone thought was important. And in that, it's not about giving all your stuff away, having lots of stuff, being poor or being rich.. It's about living a life that postures opportunities for God to move. Job clearly looks for God in his trials, and finds Him.