Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/27/08

so. i think i have a sinus infection. yep. that's what my dad said. my whole left side of my face hurts. so bad my teeth hurt. yuck. my dad said to get some cayenne pepper pills and my mom said to do some steam baths (i like those..)... anyway. i think i'll make it out alive. i must. sigur ros is this weekend!
so I never told you about the rest of my trips....
Sigur Ros.
Take 3.
company: Drew Maw
location: San Francisco, the Warfield.
Drew had stayed up the whole night before.
We took his Grandma's.... Grandma car.
He slept the whole time (there and back).
I'd made some sweet mix tapes.
Sang the whole way (so much my throat hurt).
This was one of those squish in like sardines shows.
Amazing still.
they didn't wear shoes.
burned massive amounts of nag champa.
Amina played with them.
(this was my first experience with Amina)
4 phenomenal musicians.
And they are all such cute girls.
The show blew us away.
I remember walking out of the show,
into the cold bay air that chills you to the bone in no time...
and just feeling this high.
It was Drew's first time seeing them..
he was stunned.
We parked in a garage a few city blocks away.
Got to the garage.
Locked.
seriously!?!?!
Walked another 3 blocks around the city..
found another entrance.
Got back in the grandma car...
drove home.
Drew slept the whole way.
I remember I stopped at a rest area..
got out... and ran a few circles around the car.
I think he woke up when I was on circle 2.
Drew's got a great laugh (when he's laughing at you especially..:)

anyway. that was trip 3. 4 and 5 to come. Saturday will be 6.
i'm so excited to be going down with so many of my friends that will see them for the first time..it's so great to be there and experience their first time witnessing all that is Sigur Ros. And at the Greek nonetheless! Pray for sun in Berkeley.. it's an outdoor theater (that is amazing)... This will be my first time seeing them play outdoors *and I am SO excited*...
okay.. it's 9:43.
I need to be in bed.
Hopefully I won't drown in sinusitis tonight.
loves you.-a.

No comments: