Sunday, April 13, 2008

contribute. it's how we roll.

tonight Dan's message rocked me. as I hope it rocked the rest of the stirring. everything he said was SO right on with everything that God has been speaking into my life. we are family. that means A TON, PEOPLE!! it means when our brother or sister is in need, we help. regardless. I'm sure that t.v. show is real important and all; but C'MON! we've got so much time. I've got so much time. if my sister called me up and needed anything, I'd be there. no matter what show was on. even if she called tonight and i had to miss Extreme Home Makeover.

as Dan said "everything changes when you become family."

we come to church every week. we worship. we listen to good words. we go home. we feel good about ourselves. why? if we're going to be part of the stirring-WE ARE FAMILY. all it takes is a little time. *insert DC talk in the back ground singing "time is ticking away..tick tick tickin away"* don't laugh-you know you were totally just singing along.

anyway. I'm serious, family.

"all the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared EVERYTHING they had." Acts4:32

so God has put this Stirring Help Wanted on my heart-but I'm going to need help from my family. (no pun intended:).... The Coverdales though want to help out in a personal way. I was thinking for a while about how God wanted me to use my talents and everything God has blessed Jeremy and I with...then on the way home from Love and Respect this week..it totally hit me. Jeremy and I want to commit to the community in saying we'll have one open night a week where anyone can come over for dinner. now granted, we probably can't have like 20 people in our house at once, but 4 would be nice. I love to cook and think I'm pretty good at it...Jeremy gets blessed with it every night-but I want to share my talents...further the kingdom. So as soon as we're in our new place, it's on. I'll post our open night and then whoever is hungry..c'mon over. or don't...but I just want Jeremy and I's house to be a place where people in the stirring feel comfortable coming over to... just hanging, eating, watching a movie, playing cards, .... whatever! okay..enough of that... I just pulled some banana walnut muffins out of the oven... going to bless my co-workers tomorrow with some homemade loveliness :) .... look good don't they.


i love you all-family. it was so cute tonight at church.. as we were closing in prayer, meg grabbed my hand and kristena's and I grabbed Emily's. it felt good. it felt like family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing babe!.. i miss you, i will be home soon :) ... i am excited to sharing our home with everyone!.. i love you.

Erica said...

Awesome idea Amy and those muffins just made my mouth water.

idiot said...

I saw the muffins and went "AWWW" out loud. That was weird. Awesome thoughts here too!

Emily Faulknor said...

Amy, you are so cool and you are my sister! Anything YOU ever need, please do NOT hesitate to call and ask, ok? It was a special moment last night during prayer. You are precious to me and I love you friend! Oh, and I fully support your idea and will let people know. :)

Unknown said...

I have "we are family" (the song) in my head now. That sounds like great things are happening.

For some reason "Time is ticking away" comes to mind about twice a week for me.

About you and Jeremy coming down sometime when it's really hot--that sounds like a great idea. Hopefully it will work out! And I will try to make sure I am able to visit you soon too!

An Unlikely Retirement said...

What a wonderful idea.