Thursday, April 17, 2008

headaches, bloodblisters, and sleeplessness....

that's been the down side of my week. I really think that Satan is trying his damnedest to get to me. I've been SO excited about this dream God has blessed me with to help the community that I think I got Satan's attention. Whatever Devil... get the hell out. This is God's dream.
pray for me as I've been having bad headaches again. not sure if it's allergies.. Kind of think its birth control related. *bleh* it's just not fun going through your day with a constant head ache. and i've been SO sleepy this week. i'll come home from work at 2pm and just be so exhausted that I take an hour nap..then sleep time comes later and I suck at it. . . . the bloodblister. it's not really a big deal; but it's the first time i've had one on the palm of my hand due to a hole punch. *ouch*
anyway, God is good. and I'm going to over come all the *ish* of this week because I've been able to help a sister out this week and meet some amazing members of my family. . . I haven't cooked hardly at all this week. weird. I have a dream of having this HUGE kitchen table.... and it's always going to be full-but I want a table that's actually a part of the kitchen-not a dining room. my family always ends up migrating to the kitchen to hang out. sitting on the floor, hopping up on the counters, laughing, crying, drinking lots of coffee.... good memories.
my incredible grandpa has a biopsy tomorrow. he's been battling bladder cancer for like the last 5 or 6 years. every time he has a surgery it get's serious again for me, realizing he might not make it. and then I realize how long its been since i've seen him and grandma. Why is that we get older and we don't see our blood family as much? i hate that. anyway, keep him and my grandma in your prayers if you think about it. so far the cancer has stayed in his bladder but this time it's stronger than before.
on a lighter note................. we're going out to whiskeytown tomorrow night with some friends for work for a bonfire. i'm excited-it has been TOO long since the last bonfire. summer is coming my friends. and oh, it shall be grand.

3 comments:

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Amy, I'm praying for your family. And we share the same dream! Big table! Big kitchen, big table - and in my dream, people stop over at any time for a cup of coffee, something to eat, just to visit.

Candace said...

Hey, keep up what you are doing. I am seeing the fruit of your labor for community all over the place. I keep hearing your name on the lips of so many people. "Amy helped me with this." "Amy told me about that place to get help." "Amy hooked up this person to do..." It's amazing! God loves what you are doing and loves your dream. You have greatly helped us as we think we are going to rent that house from Mike and Mikayla! It is such a cute house! Thanks so very much. They are totally blessing us.

Rosetta Borgic said...

I have a blood blister and thought of you.
I pinched my finger in Myra's high chair clasp. Better mine than her, I guess.