Monday, April 7, 2008

Rachael ray letdown...

I made french bread pizzas from the new issue of Rachael ray(who so happens to be my favorite cook on the Food Network)... (those ... are for you Nathan...) Anyway, they sounded delicious-you make a white sauce out of mustard, flour, butter, milk, salt, and pepper...then you dice up some black forest ham and grate some Gruyere cheese and chop up some thyme (I love thyme-so delicious!) ... so anyways, you put all of this on a halved baguette-yum. sounds good right? yea, the cheese would NOT melt. i even turned it on broil and that just made everything crunchy. not so much in a good way. . . they weren't that bad-Jeremy and I each ate 2 pieces. probably a 1 1/2 stars in my book- I didn't even ask Jeremy what his rating was. Oh well, I've had probably a month or 2 of success meals every night-so I can't complain. The rest of the week promises some good meals.. Orange Beef & Broccoli, Tortilla Turkey Casserole, Tex-Mex Crustless Meatloaf (you use roasted red peppers for the crust!-yum), and my favorite standby- 3 Pepper Turkey Burritos.
My husband is incredible. I just have to share this little story of how cute he is.... I leave for work this morning at 5:10 in the a.m. (yes, I know most of you think I'm crazy.) but that's besides the point.. I always go in and give a kiss, tell him I love him and that I'll see him soon. As I'm getting up he says "you look beautiful." I kind of laughed at him and said "You're half asleep..:)-I love you..." Later this morning I got a text from him saying, you were wearing your grey zip up hoodie and you looked BEAUTIFUL...... ah, he is so sweet. He truly makes me feel beautiful, even on my non-feeling-beautiful days.
so i am SO excited about our new place. God was and is totally in the works with this place. I think this is one step closer to having the healthy lifestyle I've always desired-we'll be able to feasibly ride our bikes to friends houses, to the grocery store, to Marketfest, to Carnegies (well, beer isn't quite healthy-but at least we'll get exercise!:) anyway-I've always wanted to live somewhere that facilitated this dream of mine to live w/in walking or riding distance. I would love for us to have 1 car and not have it be an issue. I'll live within a mile of some of my greatest friends-Andrew and Rosetta & Jeremy and Meghan. a beautiful thing.
Gross. I'm watching My Dad is Better Than Your Dad (b/c there's no good shows on Monday-except Deal or No Deal...) and the dad's are having to dunk their heads into a tank of garter snakes and "bob" for tomatoes. gross. all they can use is their mouth and they just have goggles on. gross. I don't mind garter snakes, I used to play with them as a child..but gross.
some good television new. NEW OFFICE THIS WEEK! about damn time don't you think? sheesh. and Hell's Kitchen is back on... If you haven't watched Hell's... do it, Gordon Ramsey is great and crazy at the same time.
Jeremy's leaving for LA this weekend. the boys are playing at Azusa at some benefit show I guess. I'll be alone Saturday-Tuesday. *ish* I hated that first week after he left on tour last summer... I'm sure I'll miss him but at least this time I can work on packing up our place..before I didn't have anything to do so I joined Extreme Fitness. speaking of that... I need to start going again. BIG time. I feel the married fat coming on ... :) you laugh but you know what I mean.
Did I mention yet that I got to give my bike away to a cute little guy? yea.. a girl from my work-he's stoked too. he's 9 and think he is just hot stuff now..well he is-that bike was hot stuff.. kind of like Kit from Knight Rider... Knight Rider would not have been the same if it weren't for the car.
tomorrow is day 10 of another bout of Amish Friendship Bread starter.. Erica-I'll try to bring you one on Wednesday, any of you lovely ladies want one?... or since Nathan seems to be such an aspiring cook, maybe I should give you one.. think you could handle the responsibility? Oh yes, the blog war. its still on.
loves you all.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I can pick it up if you want. I am very flexible in the time sense of the word, and am getting very excited about Amish Friendship Bread!

Candace said...

I am rediculously excited for the new Office episode. Bobby and I got hooked on Hell's kitchen last season. At first I thought it looked stupid but then I got sucked in.

Emily Faulknor said...

Amy, I love you! I love how long your blogs are and how much I get to know about you in your writing. I love your recipes. I love that you get to move and how excited you are. I can't wait to see the new place! I might be around to help you move too, so just let me know ok? I think you need to come over and we should all cook a meal together and learn from your expertise. :) What do you think?