Friday, April 4, 2008

bring it pastor nate. bring it.

so apparently there's some blog Olympics going on. lame. haha.. just kidding Nathan. but seriously, don't you have something better to do with your time like write sermons? c'mon. i blog for myself. not for some Olympics... will there be an award ceremony? medals?... :)
it's been a busy week. again. seems to be the thing for us lately. one of these weekends we're going to get away. maybe. it might not be till June but it'll happen. June-that's going to be a fun month.. one year anniversary. crazy. one year. this has been an incredible year for me. learning what it means to be a wife. learning what it means to be one in Christ. learning how amazing Jeremy and I are together. Being married is incredible. Love and Respect is incredible-every married couple should go through it.. I don't care if you're newlyweds or if you just celebrated your 5oth anniversary. Learn how to respect your husband in a whole new way, learn how to love your wife in a whole new way. .... anyway, back to June, I think we've decided that we're going to go up to Portland for a few days to "celebrate." we like it up there. I think maybe someday we'd like to live there. I know I want to live somewhere that's non-car friendly. I'm in love with the idea of walking to work. walking to the store. walking to get coffee. if only it didn't rain quite so much up there. but Oregon is beautiful because of the rain. I have a love affair with Oregon. yes i do. anyway, after Portland we'll continue on up to Seattle. Jeremy's little brother, Kevin, graduates high school in June. How exciting! I remember graduating....quite a big deal. actually, I don't remember much of it, except I was sitting next to Jared and he'd brought a little lizard/gecko on to the stage to hand to the guy giving us our diploma. I remembered we chuckled the whole time together. I miss Jared-I wrote about him in my Psychology post tonight. I'm thankful that he's with my sweet Jesus right now.
so back to June... it'll be fun to see Patty and Kevin, the Tetzels, Mike and Carolyn..and all the other family that'll be there. it'll be nice to have some time off from work too.. it's been almost a year since my last vacation.. too long. way too long.
so in my last post i mentioned how I was going to make brownies...they were called Ooey-gooey peanut butter chocolate brownies..but I've renamed them Death Brownies. After you eat one..you pretty much think you've died and gone to heaven. Just check out the picture and you'll be drooling.

seriously. i know. tonight's dinner was delish too. I made nacho spuds... real simple. check it out. all you need... 2 baking potatoes. 2tbs evoo. s & p. 1/2 lb ground turkey (or beef but turkey is better for you). 2 tbs. taco seasoning. 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained, 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered. 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded. toppers: green onions, lettuce, avocado, salsa-whatever sounds good to you:)..
so... slice your potatoes about 1/2 inch thick and toss with the evoo. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 oven for about 20 minutes till potatoes are nice and golden brown (you want them to be crispy but not like potato chip crispy... so in the meantime, you want to brown your turkey in a skillet over medium high heat... after the meat is no long pink, add your beans, taco seasoning, and 1/2 cup water. Heat through and simmer until potatoes are done. Pull your taters out of the oven and transfer them to an oven proof platter (what you'll serve them on)... sprinkle on 1/2 of the cheese, then the turkey mixture, tomatoes, and the rest of the cheese. Place in oven and turn off oven-you really are just melting the cheese for a few minutes. Then you can top the nachos with whatever you'd like. This is a super easy and quick meal... pretty much a 30 minute meal.yes, a Rachael ray recipe. she's my favorite. Just got my new one in the mail today:) *happy day*


i got a card in the mail from my mom today too. she's so sweet. sent me 40 dollars to "get my hair cut." She knows how much I hate taking money from her so she's always coming up with sneaky ways to send me a little cash:) I'm so blessed with my family.
okay..this blog has gone on for a while but I just have one more story to share... its one of my kitchen stories.
I found out first hand what happens when a hot glass dish touches cold water. a loud pop and the glass everywhere. I'm pretty sure I cussed. Scared the crap out of me. I'd heated up a burner to make some coffee...except the burner I turned on just so happened to have the brownie pan sitting on top of it *yikes*... So i walk into the kitchen, see the pan smoking and just out of instinct pick it up and put in the sink... which just so happened had a bowl of water in it. *wow* what a mess. so I'm down a 9x13 pyrex. lame.
anyway friends. i think I'm done. this wasn't a real creative blog... but Benji is over getting his pictures done so I'm having a hard time focusing... hope you all are well. loves you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about Jared too. I didn't know him as long or as well as you, but still...
I've been hearing so much about that Love and Respect book from everyone. Do you think I should read it with my girlfriend or is it only good for married people?

Rosetta Borgic said...

Death Brownies... you know I loved them, and I am here to report that Andrew's coworkers couldn't stop talking about them! They said thank you to him about ten times, and they usually have no manners what so ever. A huge hit!
And what the heck?! My friend Rach is slacking. I guess she sends you a new mag before me. Whatever!